Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Where in the he** is Wayne La Pierre of the NRA and his "good guys with guns" speech? Why the silence?

Where in the he** is Wayne La Pierre of the NRA and his "good guys with guns" speech? Why the silence?

Posted - October 5, 2017

Responses

Hang on to your bloomers:

The White House and National Rifle Association both came out in favor of reviewing regulations of bump fire stocks, the device that contributed to the deaths of 58 people in the Las Vegas mass shooting Sunday night.

“The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations,” said the NRA in a statement released Thursday afternoon, its first public comments since the shooting.

October 5, 2017 2:13 PM MDT

I am speechless Spunky.I'm shocked. Numb.  Did He** freeze over? Did a cow fly over the moon? It's gonna take me awhile to absorb this earth-shattering and unbelievable news. Think it's a hoax? Fake news? Oy vey! OK. I feel myself getting giddy. Gotta calm down. Get control of myself. This is a brand new feeling that I've never had before. YIKES! Thank you for your reply m'dear and Happy  Friday! :)
      October 6, 2017 2:03 AM MDT

The caption on the front page of the New York Daily News has a photo of a pig flying and the face is Wayne LaPierre's with the words "When Pigs Fly." 
      October 6, 2017 10:18 AM MDT

Perfect! Thank you for that info Spunky. It is now carved inside my head in my mind's eye so to speak! Happy Saturday! :)
      October 7, 2017 4:11 AM MDT

Bump stocks will be made illegal very soon. 

Because this was not a case where a good guy with a gun could have done much. The shooter was too high no one from the ground could have helped. 
      October 5, 2017 2:21 PM MDT

I just read  Spunky's reply m2c. I'm stunned. This time happily so. I am having a hard time believing it though. Wonder if it's a hoax or fake news? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday m'der! :)
      October 6, 2017 2:05 AM MDT

One of the most destructive powers of the mainstream media is the power to ignore. And that is apparently what they did with the joint statement issued by Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox (who now has Wayne's old job at the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action) right after the incident. Here's what it says:

(FAIRFAX, VA) - The National Rifle Association today issued the following statement: 

"In the aftermath of the evil and senseless attack in Las Vegas, the American people are looking for answers as to how future tragedies can be prevented.  Unfortunately, the first response from some politicians has been to call for more gun control.  Banning guns from law-abiding Americans based on the criminal act of a madman will do nothing to prevent future attacks.  This is a fact that has been proven time and again in countries across the world.  In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law.  The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.  In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans' Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities.  To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence." 

So you obviously can't trust the mainstream media to report ALL sides of a story, just the sides that they want you to hear. (Maybe that's because it was the Obama Administration that approved the sale of those "bump-fire" stocks - on two separate occasions?) Not to worry though . . . next time I'm over Waples Mill Road way (probably tomorrow or Monday) I'll sign you up for a lifetime subscription to one of the NRA's fine publications (or all of them), whichever one (or ones) that tickle your fancy.

https://www.nrapublications.org This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at October 6, 2017 11:26 AM MDT
      October 5, 2017 3:37 PM MDT

Silence?  The NRA is asking that those bump things that turn semi-automatics into automatics be looked at for additional regulation.   You might want to get off of CNN and MSNBC sometime.
      October 5, 2017 5:55 PM MDT

Yes.  The FAKE NEWS is where it is at.  Don't compare CNN to MSNBC.  Please.

And don't compare ANYTHING TO FOX.  Just flush it, don't change channel.  Flush it.
      October 5, 2017 5:57 PM MDT

Seems like they responded relatively wisely after scratching their initial statement, in which they were going to judge the concertgoers for not carrying long-range, scoped rifles.
      October 6, 2017 10:25 AM MDT

• RosieG, do you ever make an effort to actually do the research to find out "all" the facts regarding a news story before you spout your Liberal tripe? And people wonder why I keep saying that the Liberal Left is the real and present threat to our Constitutional Republic and our Constitutional form of government.
      October 6, 2017 12:02 PM MDT

I can ask the same about Congress. They continue to sit on their butts watching all of this happen. Maybe they would love for democracy to collapse. There's probably money in it for them.
      October 6, 2017 12:05 PM MDT

So, you think Congress is collectively responsible for the action of individuals? How's that supposed to work?
      October 6, 2017 12:33 PM MDT

Congress isn't making things any better...................COLLECTIVELY!!!If you aren't seeing Congress sitting on their butts not doing anything, you qualify as a poor, clueless sap of a person. I see you blaming Hilary and Obama for everything happening today and please refrain from bringing up anything that happened in the past. People like you always love that. BTW, I've also learned to never get into a heated discussion with a Chump loving voter. I will not respond to you after you see this statement. BUH BYE!!! WAIT!!I love you!! This post was edited by Zack at October 6, 2017 1:15 PM MDT
      October 6, 2017 12:48 PM MDT

So speaking of being severely closed-minded . . . 

But back to Congress . . . just what are they, collectively, NOT doing that they are supposed to be doing? And better yet, what is Congress doing that they're NOT supposed to be? (Hint: check the Constitution for that answer.) I don't think that you will find anywhere in that document that they're supposed to be a substitute for your parents.
      October 6, 2017 12:53 PM MDT

• Zack, not trying to be picky, but America is "not" a democracy. Rather it's a Constitutional Republic which is a big difference. I often wonder at the fact that many people who claim to support the U.S. Constitution have utterly abandoned its key terms and provisions.  One of the signs of that abandonment has been the use of the term “democracy” to describe the form of government established by the Constitution of the United States. Yet that term is nowhere used in our key founding documents—not in the Constitution, and not in the Declaration of Independence, which summarizes the Constitution’s premises. 

In a Democracy, the majority can vote to take your property, and your freedom if they so desire. The results: mobocracy/mob rule. Majority rules without restraint or regard to consequences. History shows that Democracies result in agitation, discontent and eventually anarchy.  As a result, this form of government has always ended in a collapse. Something which a vast majority of the Liberal Left would love to see happen and are, as we speaking, trying to implement.

In contrast, a Republic is where the sovereign power is vested in representatives elected by the people. Authority is derived through elections by the people who elect those they think best suited to represent them. Respects individual rights, laws and sensible economic procedure, with strict regard to consequences as long as the people are vigilant, and make sure there elected officials are limited by the Constitution, it results in liberty, justice, contentment, and progress. The government is restricted, and the people are free to create as long as they do not commit a crime (harm another).
      October 6, 2017 1:53 PM MDT

Congress is made up of puppets Zack. They do precisely what they are told to do. Nothing more. Nothing less. The folks who matter to them are those who facilitate their re-elections. That means big bucks contributors and other powerful pols who can help or harm them if they are not good little boys and good little girls who walk the line and never deviate. We pay for nothing. We elect them for nothing.  We tolerate them for nothing. What we get out of them is nothing. There is a beautiful consistency in that don'tcha think? AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      October 7, 2017 4:18 AM MDT

• RosieG, I agree that Congress and the Senate needs to get off their duffs and at least try to fulfill their promises, That being said, speaking of puppets, I hate to break it to you but the Liberal Left Democrats have been pulling your strings and telling you what to say and think for years and you are oblivious to it just as an inanimate puppet is. Your anti-Trump, anti-freedom, anti-Constitution, anti-Amendments, anti_America comments prove that to be a fact. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 7, 2017 12:41 PM MDT
      October 7, 2017 11:58 AM MDT