Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you ever do things that make people wonder: "how did you do that"?

Do you ever do things that make people wonder: "how did you do that"?

Posted - October 6, 2017

Responses

WHY did you do that, frequently.
      October 6, 2017 2:06 AM MDT

Yes
      October 6, 2017 2:43 AM MDT

Aroused my curiosity; guess I 'll have to come by some day to find out: what?
      October 6, 2017 2:49 AM MDT

Apparently I can seemingly teleport because I move about so quietly.
      October 6, 2017 2:46 AM MDT

And instantly..
      October 6, 2017 2:51 AM MDT

All the time and they always have a horrified expression when they say it.  
      October 6, 2017 5:45 AM MDT

Yikes! 
      October 6, 2017 9:40 AM MDT

I can occasionally make it seem as if I'm reading my friends' minds, though it's only because I know them well enough. For instance, the favorite color of one of my cousins is white, so once during a conversation regarding psychics (in which I was the skeptical one) I asked her to think of a color, assuming she'd choose white not only because she likes it but also since she might consider it difficult to guess right. She appeared quite surprised until I gave the simple explanation.

However, sometimes I feel like I'm good at guessing the number between 1 and 10 of which people think, if I feel I'm tranquil enough for it--that is, if it's an unforced yet concentrated attempt. Wouldn't know how to explain that, but I'm sticking with coincidence for now.

Oh, another example is "how can you not leave the house for a whole week?" (That's easy when I don't much like cities and work out 2 or 3 times a day indoors; similarly, "how can you work out that much and still study consistently?" [back in the college days], to which the answer is that exercising helps focus on mental efforts afterwards.) This post was edited by Danilo_G at October 6, 2017 10:52 AM MDT
      October 6, 2017 10:16 AM MDT

Seems like you have a well tuned and developed intuitive ability. 
      October 6, 2017 10:53 AM MDT

Although I might dare hope so, I've tested it too sporadically; but thank you.

How would you answer your own initial question?
      October 6, 2017 11:00 AM MDT

Sometimes I make myself wonder -like one time our manager was trying to unlock the door to the rec room in our building,  so I just gave the door a shove and it opened. Puzzled look on her face. I was aware sometimes the door doesn't always automatically lock like supposed to when shut.  This time "I knew' it hadn't locked.
      October 6, 2017 11:21 AM MDT

I can relate to that, when instead of thinking "it might not be locked" you actually knew without a doubt that it wasn't, though you had no concrete reason to be so convinced of it in advance.

As a kid I heard some simplistic stuff about relativity and time dilation, which caused me to dream of several versions of this person I call 'me' existing at different times but somehow 'ethereally' connected, unconsciously providing each other with information. (Now I just know I'm clueless about advanced physics so I let it rest.)
      October 6, 2017 11:33 AM MDT

I think you can 'tune in' your intuitive ability with practice.  I live on the 7th floor, there are two elevators to serve our building.  I always guess which elevator door will open -one on the right or one on the left. After living here for more than two years now my intuition has become tuned in to those elevators and my guess has been correct as often as 8 times out of 10. That has become boring so maybe I should try tuning into guessing the winning lottery numbers for a while. 
      October 6, 2017 11:48 AM MDT