Discussion » Questions » Weather » ALLEDGEDLY today will be 98 in Hemet, California. Next Saturday it will be 77! A last hurrah for HOT? What's hot got that cold has not?

ALLEDGEDLY today will be 98 in Hemet, California. Next Saturday it will be 77! A last hurrah for HOT? What's hot got that cold has not?

Posted - October 7, 2017

Responses

• "Higher Speed"
      October 7, 2017 3:09 AM MDT

Apologies but I don't understand what you mean by that. You mean heat is faster than cold? Or something else?
      October 7, 2017 4:14 AM MDT

Air molecules move faster amongst each other, giving them more kinetic energy that you feel as more heat. An oversimplification. This post was edited by Element 99 at October 7, 2017 3:57 PM MDT
      October 7, 2017 6:46 AM MDT

Thank you Ele. I did not know that. Boy the more I learn the more I realize how little I know. Have I lived in a bubble my entire life and not been aware of it? Yikes! I like oversimplification. Sometimes I have a hard time grasping complex concepts especially with regard to science so I start off with simple because it really works well for me! With luck I can work my way up to complicated but not all at once. It's easier to eat an elephant a bite at a time than try to swallow it whole. Know what I mean? Happy Saturday m'dear! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 7, 2017 7:31 AM MDT
      October 7, 2017 7:22 AM MDT

I am sure you know many things about many things that I don't know.
      October 7, 2017 7:32 AM MDT

Sure. But I betcha the things I know more about than you wouldn't interest you while the things you know more about than me always fascinate me. See? That's how it works for me. If it were worth knowing you would already have investigated it. Probably. Well except..I'm gonna get really somber/serious on you now. The Armenian Holocaust. Being of Armenian ancestry I KNOW I know a lot more about that than you do. Well I think I do. I have a vested interest in it and I grew up with it. Stuff like that. Thank you for your implied "atta girl" Ele. I appreciate it! Nice try! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 7, 2017 7:47 AM MDT
      October 7, 2017 7:37 AM MDT

Was that during WWII?
      October 7, 2017 7:48 AM MDT

No. Many decades ago. It preceded the Jewish Holocaust by about 30 years. Every Armenian alive today is connected to it. My mom was an infant so she and my grandparents escaped to Paris. My great-grandparents and two-year-old Aunt Anne were to come there soon thereafter. They never made it. They died on one of the infamous DEATH MARCHES. Many countries in the world acknowledge the genocide. The USA is too chickensh** to do so because Turkey is an "ally". It was the Turks. The why? Well they didn't like the Christian Armenians so they decided to exterminate them. We lost  1.5 million of our people. The Jews of course lost 6 million at the hands of the Nazis. That is why I feel a great connection/affection for Jewish people. So now you know. Not a happy thing but, well, it happened.  : (
      October 7, 2017 9:34 AM MDT

A lot of stuff going on in the Ukraine too. My great grand parents got out of Kiev just in time.
      October 7, 2017 1:31 PM MDT

Do you mean currently Ele or way back when? I'm glad they escaped  and went someplace else. I wonder if all ethnic groups have similar histories? Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 8, 2017 3:49 AM MDT

Both then and now and it seems like all of the time.
      October 8, 2017 7:03 AM MDT

Do you live in Hemet , CA. ?
      October 7, 2017 7:02 AM MDT

Yep ally I do! Are you familiar with it? Thank you for your question and Happy Saturday my friend! :)
      October 7, 2017 7:19 AM MDT

I moved to Hemet when I was 10 years old and lived  there until I graduated High School. I'm not sure about the answer to the question but I can give my personal experience. Hemet has a desert climate. During the summer, it is VERY hot, temperatures can reach up into the 100 F,  which they call a "dry heat", it can be unsafe because it might cause forest fires. When it gets colder, temperatures get very low, which cause problems for farmers because their crops could freeze, they have to take extreme measures during colder months to make sure they survive. In both times of year heat is a factor, too much is bad, not enouch is bad, so a balance would be best. This post was edited by ally at October 7, 2017 9:26 AM MDT
      October 7, 2017 8:28 AM MDT

Since we have been here it got up to 115! We moved to Hemet from Riverside in 2007..November 19 to be precise. Small world ally! Thank you for your thoughtful and information-filled reply! I appreciate it! :)
      October 7, 2017 9:27 AM MDT