Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Both Men and Women! Do you appreciate it when someone holds a door open for you?

Both Men and Women! Do you appreciate it when someone holds a door open for you?

My late husband was a true gentleman.  He always held the door open for women.  My girlfriends were very jealous.  It doesn't happen very often in today's world.  You're lucky if someone doesn't let the door slam shut in your face!  

On Friday, I must have been giving off some *intense vibes.  Not once, but twice, men held a door open for me.   I actually love it and I appreciate it.  AND, I let the holder know that I appreciate it.  Okay, get your minds out of the gutter.  I didn't have sex with them.  BUT, I did thank them both and told them I appreciated it.

Ladies, do you get offended when someone holds the door open for you?  

Men, do you hold the door open for women (or men)?

*another man walked up to me and said "Howdy."   That was just weird.  We're in New England.  He should have said "HeyHowAhyah?"

Posted - October 8, 2017

Responses

You should go out naked more often.  
      October 8, 2017 2:24 PM MDT

yes cause the door can hit you if someone dont hold it
      October 8, 2017 2:30 PM MDT

You're right.  I have fantastic boobs. 
      October 8, 2017 2:34 PM MDT

I demand proof, Harry!

~

October 8, 2017 5:23 PM MDT

LOL!  
      October 8, 2017 5:26 PM MDT

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
      October 8, 2017 2:30 PM MDT

I love it. Except when it happens after ive been kicked out of somewhere. 
      October 8, 2017 2:32 PM MDT

Yes.  That can put quite a damper on your mood.
      October 8, 2017 2:35 PM MDT

Or your knees. LOLOLO
      October 8, 2017 2:36 PM MDT

LOL!
      October 8, 2017 2:41 PM MDT

I ALWAYS hold the door for others no matter which of the 57 odd genders (some of them VERY odd . . . ) they happen to identify with. It's just a basic human courtesy. 

And I always appreciate it, and express that appreciation, when others extend that consideration to me. Again, basic human courtesy.

As to your "girlfriends" not enjoying that consideration from others . . . I'm guessing that they have radical feminism to thank for that.
      October 8, 2017 2:36 PM MDT

I thought there were 58
      October 8, 2017 2:44 PM MDT

Maybe there are 58 (or even more?). Who can keep count these days? It's all so confusing . . . 
      October 8, 2017 2:50 PM MDT

For crying out loud, can't you simply answer a question nicely?  The first part of your response was wonderful (except for the gender comment).  The last paragraph -- No, you didn't read what I said.  My girlfriends were jealous of me.  I had a husband who did that, theirs didn't. This post was edited by Harry at October 8, 2017 5:01 PM MDT
      October 8, 2017 2:45 PM MDT

Oh, for crying out loud . . . get a grip!

Yes, I did read your questions (there were multiple) and I gave honest, direct answers to them.

So first, are you denying the "existence of the 50, + genders, or offended by the mention thereof? If so, you might want to complain to  Facebook. THEY'RE the ones that have all those options to select from when signing up, or so I'm told. Unlike you, I'm just respectfully trying to acknowledge all those people. But if it is offensive to you don't complain to me about it, call out Mr. Zuckerberg on the subject. 

And as to your "girlfriends" not having their "significant others" hold doors for them . . . do they extend the same courtesy to others like their SO's when the occasion calls for it (did you?) or are they "princesses" of a certain kind? And as to the "radical feminist" reference . . . I've had "women" admonish me for that very act, holding the door for them. (They didn't need a "man" to do that for them!) I've had male friends experience the same, even to the point of being spit on. So perhaps their SO's experienced similar interactions and have adopted the philosophy "once shy, twice bitten".

Think about it . . .  
      October 8, 2017 3:06 PM MDT

He reminds me of another favorite expression of mine.

October 8, 2017 4:50 PM MDT

Thank you Lyrical.  It's interesting how someone can decide to turn a simple inquiry into a debatable topic that no one is interested in joining.

October 8, 2017 5:36 PM MDT

Thanks, but you didn't need to explain the motivation for your response to my answer . . . 
      October 9, 2017 1:26 AM MDT

Ah, and your "selected" form of speaking is no doubt where the "lyrical" part of your "name" comes from. Such eloquence of expression. From you that's no surprise though . . . 
      October 8, 2017 5:54 PM MDT

Don't like it when they shut it in my face.  This post was edited by Malizz at October 9, 2017 8:13 AM MDT
      October 8, 2017 2:52 PM MDT

I was taught the same thing as your late beloved; I am a door-opener. 

~
      October 8, 2017 3:46 PM MDT

You're getting more charming by the minute! ;-)
      October 8, 2017 5:38 PM MDT

Er, um, HELLO?  I locked you in my basement for a very good reason, so why would I suddenly have a lapse of clarity and hold the door open for you to escape?  Nice try, but you're not going anywhere. Now say it with me so that it sinks in: it puts the lotion on its skin . . .

~
      October 8, 2017 3:52 PM MDT

...erp, I spoke too soon!  Forget what I said in the comment above!
      October 8, 2017 5:38 PM MDT