Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Are you happy today? Why- why not? I'm amazed by the huge number of people that unhapilly exist, yet don't know why they feel like this

Are you happy today? Why- why not? I'm amazed by the huge number of people that unhapilly exist, yet don't know why they feel like this

Posted - October 9, 2017

Responses

I am usually neither happy nor unhappy. I just don't care.
      October 9, 2017 8:39 AM MDT

That is worse.  That is depression.  That is NOT happy.  That is I give up and I am just dealing. 

I understand that one more than you know.
      October 9, 2017 8:41 AM MDT

And I would not ask. We all have our own levels of depression and it truly not anyone's business except the doctor and family. I am content...for the most part, with the way I am.
      October 9, 2017 8:48 AM MDT

"The secret to happiness is having a good sense of humor and a dirty mind"

I thought you had both.
      October 9, 2017 8:55 AM MDT

And I thought you were talking to me.

Hot for camel toe. 

October 9, 2017 9:05 AM MDT

Sometimes you have a semse of humor and sometimes you have a dirty mind.. I guess that says where you're at.
      October 9, 2017 9:17 AM MDT

Sure...they keep me going.
      October 9, 2017 9:22 AM MDT

Oh I forgot to tell you.  I am your shrink.  That is the only reason for our relationship.  That is the only reason for any relationship I have with everyone.

Some can handle the mirror I hold up and some run away.   I am the witness.  I am the shrink.  You, my friend are the beloved passive-aggressive who is so built up with impenatrable walls (sp) it takes years and years of back and forth with you for us to make this much headway. 

I am this good.  I have focus.  And I have the important parts of your story.   You matter.  That should lift your spirits.  You care about people who you like and have a very soft spot for them.  I love that about you and I am honored you are still in my life.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 9, 2017 9:50 PM MDT
      October 9, 2017 9:07 AM MDT

Thank you...that kind of made my day. And I am sure it helps you along a bit better.
      October 9, 2017 9:25 AM MDT

I wouldn't say I'm completely happy at the moment but I am grateful for the wonders of my life, many of which I take for granted. Being grateful helps me hold onto segments of happiness.
    I know my unhappiness, so to speak, seems to be related to noticing my anxiety is heavier in recent months. As I've mentioned, I know I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and that can affect my frame of mind.
    Some situations in my life are legitimately stress-causing but my imagination can throw rational concerns into irrational monstrous anxiety overloads.

And knowing all that about myself, I forge onward and try to use my management tools in successful ways.
    :)
    And just staying in the moment is always a goal that can contribute to my happiness.

And that, I think, is at least a part of the answer for me to your question.
      October 9, 2017 9:12 AM MDT

I wouldn't say I'm completely happy at the moment but I am grateful for the wonders of my life,

Okay, Welb, let's start with this one. I'm in that kind of mood.

That is beyond happy, your opening statement about you, that is bliss.

So, if you can say that as a matter of fact, you are not in the moment.  You are living in a state where you know that is the right thing to think, but are you feeling that?  Because I don't usually pay attention to what I think, I just say it rotely.

But this very profoundly true comment of yours brought me back to the medicine I need to keep gratitude in mind daily.  When I don't, negative things take its place for no reason.

When I do?  I am happily surprised how much lighter I feel.  So, thank you Welb, for reminding me to be grateful that I have today, my health, my friends like yourself, and a focus and a way out of any obstacles I feel could bring me down.

I am grateful.  Thanks for the reminder. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 9, 2017 5:16 PM MDT
      October 9, 2017 9:23 AM MDT

You're welcome and thank you, too, Shar to the Rona.

I am not surprised that my words do not always jive with my feelings. But I try to refrain from slipping into being overly negative in my thoughts because I too easily go down the road of anxiety and fear and negativity. But I also try not to judge myself for the so-called thoughts/feelings -- like you said, sometimes if we just sit-with-the-feelings, they will pass and we'll realize that they will pass and that they were just feelings.
    And my feelings/thoughts are not always reflective of reality, so to speak.

Don't know if I'm making sense.

Again, though, you're welcome for whatever help my words may be! And I'm grateful for you, too.
      October 9, 2017 9:32 AM MDT

Im very happy right now.  Wrestling on the floor with my grandson, and during a breather, answering question/comments here. ;))
      October 9, 2017 9:23 AM MDT

Thank you, breath of fresh air.  I love ya.

Don't answer this until I post the song for you.  Please.  Lyrical and I almost came to fisticuffs because of my irritating manner of editing after wards.  So I post a notice now.  Please wait, just maybe two darned minutes and I will come back.  Like a bad penny.

Give grandson kiss for me.
    ok I'm back you can answer now.  was that so painful answermug people????

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 9, 2017 6:38 PM MDT
      October 9, 2017 9:26 AM MDT

(dancing and twiling to the song with my grandson)       :D!!! YAHHHHHHH! :D

THANK YOU SHAR TO THE RONA!!! YOU are our sunshine!!!!!
      October 9, 2017 9:39 AM MDT

I love you too Shar to the ROna. Alot alot....:))
      October 9, 2017 9:40 AM MDT

Nice!
      October 9, 2017 9:33 AM MDT

Thank you WelbyQuentin. ;))
      October 9, 2017 9:42 AM MDT

I am content.  Nothing so far today has happened for me to feel elated.  I'm very satisfied when I'm feeling content.
      October 9, 2017 9:45 AM MDT

No I am NOT happy today because I had to get up and go to work.  -Wait a minute today is Thanksgiving day here in Canada!! And i'm retired too but I still go to work when I feel like doing something.  Answermugging is work.
      October 9, 2017 9:54 AM MDT

I would be happy if it weren't for this damn cold I have been fighting for a week.
    Once I get rid of this I will be as happy as a lark.
      October 9, 2017 11:21 AM MDT

Hope you feel better soon.
      October 9, 2017 5:49 PM MDT

Thanks, me too. 
      October 10, 2017 11:55 AM MDT

Yes.  I'm a happy person who has some unhappy things I will have to deal with forever.  I can do that.  No pills for me.  Every doctor who really knows me has offered pills to get me through the "hard times."  And anyone wonders why we have an epidemic and increasingly zombie-like population?  I just choose to feel the pain and sorrow when it comes crashing down. Then I blow my nose and keep moving.   Maybe that's just me.  But, I'm very concerned about children being medicated on heavy duty drugs.  It's a crisis in my opinion. 

Sorry, I wandered a little here.  :)
      October 9, 2017 3:20 PM MDT