Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Do you remember a time when practically nobody LIKED anyone here?

Do you remember a time when practically nobody LIKED anyone here?

Posted - October 10, 2017

Responses

Image result for gifs of cute animalsOh.
      October 10, 2017 8:24 PM MDT

• I remember when no one liked Nevan. Sad times :(
      October 10, 2017 11:45 PM MDT

Thats impossible. ;))
      October 11, 2017 12:18 AM MDT

There, there.  

October 11, 2017 2:30 AM MDT

I was actually just reflecting on this the other day. It's due to what Jane said. Our old site didn't have like buttons. I mean, it did, but it didn't. For example, you could "like" a discussion, but it stopped there. You couldn't like a reply or a comment. The asker was never told they were liked. The likes weren't tracked at all. So, if you clicked it, it did nothing. aMug was like that for years. Gosh...like 3-4 years??? However long it existed before we rebuilt what you see today. We were so desperate for a like button, that I hodgepodged in some "stamps" to the comment boxes... so, you could leave a comment with an image that said "like." lol Only, mobile users didn't have the ability to embed images, so they'd just furiously hit the button and nothing would happen. LMAO Like a dime glued to a bar top. OMG Those were the days. Say what you will about the mess here, at least we have like buttons now. lol 

In any case, with there not really being a functional like system, we all unlearned it, and it took us forever to relearn it again. Also, you and Jamie teaching us all to be civilized and kicking off the trend helped. :p

October 11, 2017 1:35 AM MDT