Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I don't buy cherrypicking. If you support The Constitution you support it 24/7 and not when it is convenient. Right?

I don't buy cherrypicking. If you support The Constitution you support it 24/7 and not when it is convenient. Right?

Benching players for "taking a knee" shows absolute disdain/contempt for The Constitution. It puts the ugly side of partisan politics above the document upon which the country was founded. It is an absolute travesty in my opinion. You don't have to agree with how folks use their Constitutional Rights. But you should ALWAYS back their right to do so. If you don't you are just an opportunistic hack who goes with the popular flow at the moment without any core beliefs or integrity. You can be purchased.  I see no upside in that. Do you?

Posted - October 11, 2017

Responses

The First Amendment says "Congress  shall make no law..." 

Not an emplyer shall make no rule. No employer should be forced pay a worker to promote their political opinions  or to protest.

October 11, 2017 5:16 AM MDT

How many times and ways can you ask this question? There are two valid points of view and posting yours over and over is not going to change that.
      October 11, 2017 5:36 AM MDT

Lol
      October 11, 2017 5:39 AM MDT

The constitution doesn't apply. (As My2Cents points out, if you actually read it you'd see that.)

It's not a legal issue. It's a social issue. As the left is very fond of observing, some types of speech / action are legal but socially taboo. An employer might decide to not continue associating with people they consider scum. This is normal behavior.

How many times have people been fired for making racist/ sexist / homophobic statements at work to the applause of the left?  When you offend people, they boycott you. Whether something should or shouldn't be considered offensive can be debated. Though ultimately people will act according to their beliefs.

The left is about a 1000 times more sensitive to speech it considers politically incorrect than the right is. In fact flag disrespect is one of the only things we're sensitive about. The left's list of sensitivities would fill several pages.

This post was edited by Zeitgeist at October 13, 2017 1:46 AM MDT
      October 11, 2017 11:52 AM MDT

There's a definition for "Insanity" that says that repeating the same actions over and over again while expecting different results is a sure indicator. I pretty certain that applies to repeating a question over and over again in expectation of finally getting a different answer too. 
      October 11, 2017 12:09 PM MDT

By the way, I'm glad to see that you don't approve of "cherry-picking" when it comes to that Supreme Law of the Land, the US Constitution. 

So how soon can we see a statement from you regarding your strong support of the 2nd Amendment? How about a strong stand against Civil Forfeiture laws which appear to be a clear violation of the 4th Amendment (irrespective of what some "financially motivated" jurists have opined in the past)? And then there's the governments' use of the 16th Amendment as justification to violate the Peoples 4th and 5th Amendment Rights. And that's just for starters.

No? Maybe you do like to "cherry-pick" after all . . . 
      October 11, 2017 12:58 PM MDT

You are wrong.  You keep saying this.  Please stop.  Someone is going to think you are an imbecile. 
      October 11, 2017 10:18 PM MDT

LOFLMAO!!
      October 13, 2017 1:47 AM MDT