Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Politics » In her book, Hillary Clinton says that Kate McKinnon's impersonation singing "Hallelujah" on SNL right after the election made her cry.

In her book, Hillary Clinton says that Kate McKinnon's impersonation singing "Hallelujah" on SNL right after the election made her cry.

Doesn't the pathos just make your heart bleed and throb with sympathy for poor Hillary?

Posted - October 12, 2017

Responses

I don't know why you choose to attack her for NOTHING.  Oh yeah,  that is what everyone attacked her for.  Since she did nothing wrong.

That song makes everyone cry.  It is heart-rending and haunting.

Did you hear K.D. lang do it?  Or are you going to shut her out because she is a Lesbian?  I mean if you can pick on poor Hilldog for nothing, maybe you cannot take K.D. either.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 12, 2017 11:30 PM MDT
      October 12, 2017 9:37 PM MDT

Why would I judge anyone for a little thing like being gay? A very dear cousin/aunt is what her mother once called a Libyan and an old friend from college with whom I've recently reconnected is a guy with a husband. The rabbi at my synagogue - in a part of Brooklyn nicknamed "Dike Slope" - and her long-term partner are lesbians. Where did you ever get the idea that I would judge others for such a personal matter that has no effect on my life?

BTW, Kate McKinnon also is gay and I think she's great. As for Hillary, I know she did nothing wrong - unless, of course, you count a smug attitude of feeling somehow entitled to the presidency and running a poor campaign wrong. I just find her self-pity so long after the election a bit hard to take. I think she assumes that more people care about her opinion on why she lost than actually do.
      October 12, 2017 11:46 PM MDT

• Hillary Clinton did nothing wrong? Now that's intellectual dishonesty at it's best. By making the statement that Hillary did nothing wrong, you are, for all intents and purposes, saying that she did everything right. It is impossible for any human being walking this earth to do everything right.
      October 12, 2017 11:57 PM MDT

• Make my heart bleed and throb with sympathy for Hillary because a song made her cry? To be frank, no it doesn't.
      October 13, 2017 12:02 AM MDT

No, that woman is evil and deserves to suffer until her last breath (and that's just her journey to hell, never mind truly reaping what she has sown for the countless lives she has destroyed).

October 13, 2017 1:32 AM MDT

It is a sad song, and Kate McKinnon sing it well.
      October 13, 2017 3:20 AM MDT

No, not even a teeny tiny little bitty bit. 
      October 13, 2017 4:08 AM MDT

• Millions sang "Hallelujah" and wept tears of joy when our resident victim, the Secretary of Moan and Groan, bit the dust. All this while President Obama was trying to talk her off a ledge.
      October 13, 2017 5:19 PM MDT