Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » ANYONE TRIED 'ANSWERBAG' YET???

ANYONE TRIED 'ANSWERBAG' YET???

while I do enjoy this site, there's another one pretty much like it.......called "ANSWERBAG".....it does have better-looking graphics, but then ya can't win'em all, huh?
LOL

Posted - October 15, 2017

Responses

I'll tell you a little story.

Once upon a time, there was a place called Answerbag. And along came a member called Weyloony. He created his own site called Answermug. You're on it. Answerbag closed down because all of the members followed him here. Answerbag was closed for about a year until it was sold for 19.95. Answermug is still the better site. The end. 
      October 15, 2017 12:35 PM MDT

You jest?
      October 15, 2017 12:35 PM MDT

HUH?

WHAT?

I was just on Answerbag......it's still up and running!!!

perhaps there was an 'old' Answerbag and now the 'new one'????????

now I'm confused!!!!!!!!!!!
      October 15, 2017 1:11 PM MDT

Yes AB is still there. 
      October 15, 2017 2:17 PM MDT

It's only "Answerbag" in the name. The site is amateurish at best and in no way even resembles the site we knew and loved all those years ago. This post was edited by Zack at October 15, 2017 10:54 PM MDT
      October 15, 2017 2:23 PM MDT

I am a former ABer. When it shut down I came here after JA bought it. I briefly went to see the 'new' AB and it sucked. Maybe it has changed for the better, but most of my AB friends are here now.
      October 15, 2017 3:29 PM MDT

All of your other answers tell the story
    I was on the old AB for six years
    the new one doesn't even come close to being like the old one.
    But the new version is there
    I visit occasionally because this one
    seems dead sometimes with nothing happening.
    But I also visit a couple of other sites as well
    with this one being my favorite because
    I know so many people here that used to be
    on the old AB and this one has
    features that the others don't.
      October 15, 2017 3:47 PM MDT

yes, im on it too, im also on yahoo answers
      October 15, 2017 4:48 PM MDT

Go girl :)
      October 15, 2017 10:55 PM MDT

The new AB sucks a$$. The old one was shut down without warning - I was actually answering a question at the time. So I emailed a friend who led me to this site. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at October 15, 2017 5:45 PM MDT
      October 15, 2017 5:39 PM MDT

Answerbag reopened a few months ago and it maintains the appearance of life by reposting questions from the archives. There are only about a half dozen live participants and they don't get along very well.
      October 15, 2017 8:49 PM MDT

HUH!! I was wondering what was wrong.....I use computers at my local library and when I went ot sign in, it wouldn't take my info.....so I clicked on the back arrow and the questions come up....I've asked and answered questions, but never get any replies,which could be nothing unusual.... but I did think it rather odd that I could ask questions, read others, etc.,....very strange indeed!!!..........oh well, can't win'em all, I guess!!!
      October 16, 2017 7:54 AM MDT

I was on it for several years but they became too restrictive in their policies and all of the good people became discouraged and left. As I did shortly before they pulled the plug on it.  AnswerMug grew out of it a few years ago.

I was on the new Answerbag for a few months from last November but then they locked me out - perhaps because I posted email addresses where I could be reached - so then I came on here. 
      October 16, 2017 8:02 AM MDT