Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Drop-Dead Gorgeous/Handsome. Highly Intelligent. Extraordinarily Creative. Loving/Kind. You?

Drop-Dead Gorgeous/Handsome. Highly Intelligent. Extraordinarily Creative. Loving/Kind. You?

If not  which ONE would you choose to be? Why?

Posted - October 16, 2017

Responses

I would choose creativity because I'm just tired of being all boring.
      October 16, 2017 6:16 AM MDT

You think you're boring Patch? Maybe you're just having a bad day. I don't think you're boring at all. So you would choose creativity. Are there particular things you'd like to create? I marvel at those who can create symphonies and those who can write books that are memorable and moving and those who can sing like angels or play instruments always sticking with music they wrote themselves and they fill your heart with joy. I wish I knew how it worked! Sometimes I'm in the dumps and I hear music that perks me right up and makes me feel better. Wouldn' it be an awesome talent to have? Making people feel happier/better if only briefly? Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 16, 2017 6:24 AM MDT

I'd love to be able to play instruments like the organ and I really wish I can be an awesome artist like my sister. She makes amazing drawings. I'm okay at drawing, but nowhere near her level. It's funny because she wishes she was a boring nerd instead of a "dumb" artist even though she's not really dumb, she just thinks she is.
      October 16, 2017 6:32 AM MDT

Funny how that works.  My mom was very artistic and my sister inherited mom's  artistic ability. All I have is the talent to appreciate their talents. When we became adults my sis told me she always admired me. I'm a nerd you see. I LOVED school and excelled gradewise. I counted the days during summer when school would begin.  Who does that? I, in turn, greatly admired my sister because while I was shy and a loner she was very gregarious and had tons of friends. I have a hooked rug but she made for me many years ago with unicorns on it. I love them. I also have a painting of a unicorn..actually several of them..that she did for me years ago. I could never do that.  As old ladies now (I'm 7 years older than she is) we are very close. We both feel so lucky to have each other. But we grew up admiring each other and wishing we more like the other. Maybe that's typical! Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply Patch and Happy Tuesday! :)
      October 17, 2017 2:34 AM MDT

My sister makes little hammocks and snuggle bags for my rat and guinea pig. She's also talented in sewing and crochet. All I can do is cross stitch when it comes to crafts but I don't have time for that anymore.
      October 17, 2017 6:36 AM MDT

My grandmother was always crocheting something. I don't remember my mom doing that or my sister. I wonder if it is a lost art? The "snuggle" bag sounds adorable! My mom was a seamstress and made her living doing that. She worked for designers in downtown Los Angeles and was a Sample Maker. She made all our clothes. She even had a business at home for alterations. She also worked on furs. And oriental rugs if you can imagine that! When she was a teenager she and her mom worked at a company that sold oriental rugs. I guess they repaired them. She made suits and lampshades and reupholstered furniture. She was amazingly talented! Thank you for your reply Patch! :)
      October 19, 2017 4:36 AM MDT

I'm creative, a singer-songwriter. Not extraordinarily so by any means. I'm no Dylan, Lennon or McCartney.
    Loving I am, kind mostly - I can be a little short-tempered at times. Particularly when ppl don't pay attention.
    Good looking I'm not, my better half's opinion about my butt notwithstanding.
      October 16, 2017 6:41 AM MDT

I greatly admire songwriters. Hearing a song can change my mood immediately. I sing every morning and bop around the kitchen while I'm fixing breakfast. I wake up happy mostly. When I'm down in the dumps  if I hear "put on a happy face" or "amazing grace" or "oh what a beautiful morning" I start singing and right away I perk up. I would LOVE to be able to bring that to others in whatever way I could. Make them feel better just by reading what I wrote or listening to what I created/invented. That is a special talent beyond anything else in my opinion. It is priceless. Thank you for your reply Sbf and Happy Tuesday! :)
      October 17, 2017 2:38 AM MDT