Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » What is the best type of diet?

What is the best type of diet?

There are a lot of different types of diets, but if you are trying to lose weight, which one is the best?

Posted - October 16, 2017

Responses

Eat fewer calories than you use.
      October 16, 2017 7:41 AM MDT

Macrobiotic. 
      October 16, 2017 7:45 AM MDT

That is considered a fad diet and is not nutritionally sound.
      October 16, 2017 7:52 AM MDT

Well I would disagree as I have been doing it for 20 years. 
      October 16, 2017 7:55 AM MDT

FIRST OFF NEVER USE THAT WORD!!!!!!!!

it should be 'EATING PLAN"........

eating slowly is one way, I've been told by folks who lost weight..........NOT EASY for me, but I do try!!!

not waiting until you are 'starving' ........try to eat about every 4 to 5 hours........

try to be moderate; again, hard to do, but then nothing worthwhile is ever easy...DARN IT!!!  lol.......

drink WATER......AND NOT TAP WATER......

get yourself one of those filtration pitchers; I use PUR but others are just as good.........if you have a family. HAVE ONE INSTALLED....what you spend on bottled water in one year pays for it.

NOT TO MENTION ALL THAT PLASTIC IN OUR LANDFILLS.............come on, people, use your heads.....

I see folks lugging 4 or 5 cases of bottled water to the checkout? all I can think of is.........holy crap, more in our oceans & landfills!!!

use your heads, people!!!

BUT BACK TO THE EATING PLAN....eat what you want, just be moderate about it....

my downfall is sweets......so I've been taking an herb called GYMNEMA.....organic......supposed to calm down sugar cravings; on it now for 3 weeks and maybe, just maybe, I can see something happening.......but these things take time so I'm willing to stick with it!!!

so eat what you want.......
    in moderation......
    DO NOT USE DINNER PLATES......EAT OFF SALAD PLATES INSTEAD.......I've done this now for over 10 years.......you will not miss that HUGE plate and you sure as hell don't need all the food you PILE ONTO it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

believe me, worth a try..........you WILL eat smaller portions, over time...again, takes getting used to!!  BUT WORTH IT.

try drinking some water before a  meal, not a full glass if you dont want' I never could.......or have an apple while preparing your food.

AND FOR SURE DON'T DEPRIVE YOURSELF OF YOUR TREATS!!!

as I said, I'm a goodies junkie so I buy those small bars of candy, and allow myself 2 of them, after my meal, with my coffee.......for me I use coffee as 'dessert' with my dessert!!!............

PLEASE BUY ORGANIC FRUITS/VEGGIES if you can.............eat a salad every day, even a small one's better than none at all.....

oh hell, I've gone on WAAAAAY  too long,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as I always do.

so If you stayed awake thru all this......tee hee ......I wish you the best

OH ONE MORE THING THEN I PROMISE I'M DONE!
      October 17, 2017 9:56 AM MDT

FIRST OFF NEVER USE THAT WORD!!!!!!!!

it should be 'EATING PLAN"........

eating slowly is one way, I've been told by folks who lost weight..........NOT EASY for me, but I do try!!!

not waiting until you are 'starving' ........try to eat about every 4 to 5 hours........

try to be moderate; again, hard to do, but then nothing worthwhile is ever easy...DARN IT!!!  lol.......

drink WATER......AND NOT TAP WATER......

get yourself one of those filtration pitchers; I use PUR but others are just as good.........if you have a family. HAVE ONE INSTALLED....what you spend on bottled water in one year pays for it.

NOT TO MENTION ALL THAT PLASTIC IN OUR LANDFILLS.............come on, people, use your heads.....

I see folks lugging 4 or 5 cases of bottled water to the checkout? all I can think of is.........holy crap, more in our oceans & landfills!!!

use your heads, people!!!

BUT BACK TO THE EATING PLAN....eat what you want, just be moderate about it....

my downfall is sweets......so I've been taking an herb called GYMNEMA.....organic......supposed to calm down sugar cravings; on it now for 3 weeks and maybe, just maybe, I can see something happening.......but these things take time so I'm willing to stick with it!!!

so eat what you want.......
    in moderation......
    DO NOT USE DINNER PLATES......EAT OFF SALAD PLATES INSTEAD.......I've done this now for over 10 years.......you will not miss that HUGE plate and you sure as hell don't need all the food you PILE ONTO it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

believe me, worth a try..........you WILL eat smaller portions, over time...again, takes getting used to!!  BUT WORTH IT.

try drinking some water before a  meal, not a full glass if you dont want' I never could.......or have an apple while preparing your food.

AND FOR SURE DON'T DEPRIVE YOURSELF OF YOUR TREATS!!!

as I said, I'm a goodies junkie so I buy those small bars of candy, and allow myself 2 of them, after my meal, with my coffee.......for me I use coffee as 'dessert' with my dessert!!!............

PLEASE BUY ORGANIC FRUITS/VEGGIES if you can.............eat a salad every day, even a small one's better than none at all.....

oh hell, I've gone on WAAAAAY  too long,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as I always do.

so If you stayed awake thru all this......tee hee ......I wish you the best

OH ONE MORE THING THEN I PROMISE I'M DONE!
      October 17, 2017 9:56 AM MDT

(CONT.)  KEEP A LITTLE FOOD LOG!!  been doing this for 8 yrs. now...write down what you eat at every meal....keeps you from eating the same stuff over and over........and kinda makes you include more of a variety in your daily meals....

sorry I had to make you read a second reply!!!  good luck and enjoy your new habits!!!!!!!!!!
      October 17, 2017 9:58 AM MDT

The world DIET is a good word.  It means "the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats" or "a special course of food to which one restricts oneself, either to lose weight or for medical reasons."

But feel free to use "Eating Plan" for yourself.

And I think that the plastic bottles the water comes in are fully recyclable.   

October 17, 2017 10:12 AM MDT