Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Spunky
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » You decide to get a new kitten -would you be willing to make sacrifices to enable it to feel at home?

You decide to get a new kitten -would you be willing to make sacrifices to enable it to feel at home?

-like putting the baby up for adoption..?

Posted - October 16, 2017

Responses

Absolutely. Lol

On another note, I find it sad when people get rid of their animals when they have a baby. 
      October 16, 2017 11:45 AM MDT

No, you don't understand. You don't decide to get a new kitten, a new kitten decides to get you. You have no say in the matter whatsoever. Remember, dogs have owners, cats have staff.
      October 16, 2017 12:04 PM MDT

Had to give up the baby so the kitten would stop peeing on the bed. That's what cats do when they are not happy about something. 
      October 16, 2017 12:10 PM MDT

No, that's usually not why they do that. In fact, in your case the cat was probably just marking territory. And if the cat rubbed up against the kid it was marking him (or her) too.

We had a cat when our kids came along and he was cool with them. Would even let them pull his tail and ears.  (But he was kinda special, we were best buds; worst two habits he had was jumping up in my lap during dinner and taking a nap and actually begging at the table when we were having salmon. He's reach up from the floor and tap me on the elbow to ask for a bite.) This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at October 16, 2017 1:01 PM MDT
      October 16, 2017 12:41 PM MDT

I've heard some interesting stories about cats -dogs as well 'course but I always been a cat person. Been a hermitish kind of person a lot of my life and 'course never had a baby.
    Guy in my building living on the ground floor would let his cat run loose -like anyone else- out into the courtyard and it would go into other people's units and pee on THEIR  beds for some reason. So then he allowed the cat out but on a length of leash.
      October 16, 2017 1:10 PM MDT

A whole lot of sacrifices...
    my(haha) cat just showed up at my back door 
    one day and decided to move in.
    First I put in a cat door because she likes to go out into the back yard,
    then ten minutes later she is back, and then out again and on and on.
    At night have to lock the cat door because the  raccoons were coming in.
         As soon as I go to bed, she wants to go out, as soon as I get to sleep
    she wants in again. If I ignore her she cries, she scratches the door
    etc and it never stops. 
         Sometimes I say that's it. She's gone. And lock everything up.
    She will not accept that and she will scratch at the door for hours until I give in.
    when she gets fleas, she will not let me put on the flea stuff. I have to wait
    until she is asleep, and if she is laying the right way I squirt it onto the
    back of her neck.
    Then she ignore me for days at a time....
    .....Jeez what a pain

October 16, 2017 12:56 PM MDT

Cats with their temperaments,  personalities and quirkiness are fun animals anyway I think. 
      October 16, 2017 1:14 PM MDT

maybe not that kind of sacrifice
      October 16, 2017 4:43 PM MDT

We all do. My cat now thinks the sun shines out of me. My wife is extremely jealous. 
      October 16, 2017 4:59 PM MDT

Nope. When a cat takes over, you have to fight tooth and nail to protect your own proclivities. Cats are EVIL ba$tards. If they had opposable thumbs, they'd wipe us out.
      October 16, 2017 5:24 PM MDT

Sure. No problem.
      October 16, 2017 6:07 PM MDT