Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Communication » You can have just as much fun disagreeing as you can agreeing. Do you? Why?

You can have just as much fun disagreeing as you can agreeing. Do you? Why?

Posted - October 17, 2017

Responses

Depends on with whom. When the debate is lively, informed and doesn't degenerate into abuse, I enjoy it. I'm the genially argumentative type, especially with a couple of beers under my belt.
      October 17, 2017 5:48 AM MDT

Not on an empty stomach I hope. Taken with food a moderate amount of alcohol can actually be heart-healthy and beneficial.  Also good is dark chocolate and almonds/walnuts. Yep. Thank you for your reply Sbf! :)
      October 17, 2017 5:51 AM MDT

Of course not, drinking on an empty stomach is something only idiots and alcoholics do. I don't drink to get drunk.
      October 17, 2017 5:52 AM MDT

I didn't mean to insult you Sbf. Some people do what you don't do. Since I have never been in your presence while you were drinking or at any other time how was I to know that you are such a good boy? Now I do. :)
      October 17, 2017 5:59 AM MDT

One of the very first warning signs that someone is an alcoholic is when they proclaim "I don't drink to get drunk." 
      October 18, 2017 7:25 AM MDT

I can be very disagreeable at times Rosie.....especially if I'm hungry or tired ....So I feel I should  agree to disagree with you for the sake of Humour and also so I can comment on this thread......lol
      October 17, 2017 6:03 AM MDT

You disagreeable? Oh c'mon. You? Naw! I'm not a happy camper when I'm hungry either. In fact I always take a couple energy bars with me just in case I get that unpleasant gnawing feeling in my stomach. I cahn't stend it! I take a couple of bites and I'm fine. Thank you for your reply  NJ! :)
      October 17, 2017 6:19 AM MDT

You win again.....lol
      October 17, 2017 6:43 AM MDT

Wait a minit. Is that about who is going to have the last word?  What did I win? I must be really thickheaded cause I'm in the dark here. I promise I won't say another word. Maybe a happy face though? :)
      October 17, 2017 6:47 AM MDT

Never that Rosie....it's more trying to explain my English humour.....lol
    you can have a conductor of an orchestra and also one for lightning....lol

Mix  them both with my tiny brain and confusion is bound to show its head.....lol
      October 17, 2017 11:24 AM MDT

I'm sure I'm not the first to tell you that you are very cute and kind too NJ! You are taking on "the blame" for something that is clearly my inability to keep up with you! I appreciate that! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesdsay m'dearie dear :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 18, 2017 3:17 AM MDT
      October 18, 2017 2:56 AM MDT

Contrarians have fun disagreeing. Hope never to become that.
      October 17, 2017 7:19 AM MDT

Is that like a  Devil's Advocate? Takes on the opposite view just to be argumentative? That's being a phony isn't it?  Thank you for your reply O and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 18, 2017 2:57 AM MDT

It is not fun disagreeing as it hurts a person not capable of defending themselves. Agreeing with supported ideas not treated as a robot. 
      October 17, 2017 7:43 AM MDT

I disagree. Respectfully. If my views and yours are in opposition we can certainly disagree with civility and the result may well be that we understand each other a bit more. We may not agree but we can remain cordial, polite and respectful. It's all in the attitude/motive/delivery. I don't have to be "right" in your view. I don't need or want you to agree with me. All I want is to be able to express my views without your insulting or attacking me. In return I won't insult or attack you as you express your views. I have a friend whose politics are the exact opposite of mine on Answermug.  We discuss our separate views and while I don't want to speak for her, I know that I always enjoy the discussion. I state my views. She states hers. We remain friends despite the vast divide in our poliical views. I always look forward to engaging with her. That is what I'm talking about. Thank you for your reply Blessedwoman and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 18, 2017 3:02 AM MDT

Rosie G, I really appreciate your time, effort,  and talent in reacting to my insights about your topic. You are entitled to your own opinion as I am entitled to mine, too. Happy more sharing of valuable thoughts on a plethora of topics under the heat of the sun. 

October 18, 2017 7:04 AM MDT

Well thank you m'dear for saying that. I, in turn, appreciate your showing up to engage in conversation Blessedwoman. I guess that means we both win! I like that! :) Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 19, 2017 4:18 AM MDT

There are always two sides to every story---of course both are seldom true.
      October 17, 2017 11:03 AM MDT

If the views are opposite they cannot both be true simultaneously. There's where "facts" vs "alternative facts" comes into play. Thank you for your reply tom! :)
      October 18, 2017 3:04 AM MDT

A good debate can be quite fun as long as all involved can be grown ups and not get personal.
      October 18, 2017 7:10 AM MDT

Agreed. Thank you for your reply m2c.
      October 19, 2017 4:19 AM MDT