Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Communication » Lightning rods divert lightning direct to the ground so it will do less damage. People can be lightning rods too. Know any? Are YOU one?

Lightning rods divert lightning direct to the ground so it will do less damage. People can be lightning rods too. Know any? Are YOU one?

Posted - October 17, 2017

Responses

I use to be a very good orchestra leader with my own Baton when I was at school Rosie .... Now I find I have to be extra careful and wear wellington boots if ever go out when there any possibility of a lightning storm approaching ....:( 
      October 17, 2017 5:23 AM MDT

Hi there m'dear! Hope all is well with you and  yours. You are going to have to translate some of your reply because it is way over my head.  Apologies. I know there is another meaning hidden therin because on the face of it your words make no sense and I KNOW the problem lies with me, not you. What are "wellington boots"?  So could ya help a gal out and draw me a picture? Thank you for your reply NJ and Happy Tuesday!  ((hugs)) :)
      October 17, 2017 5:44 AM MDT

They are thick calf high rubber boots Rosie....they prevent electrocution from Conducting in dangerous wet situations sort of thing"... So sorry for my lack of shocking use of communication skills..... Hehe 
      October 17, 2017 5:54 AM MDT

Oh thanks honey. My ignorance in no way reflects on the excellence of your reply. I can't pretend to understand what I don't. Thanks for the clarification NJ! ((hugs))
      October 17, 2017 5:58 AM MDT

I was just trying to say I'm a very good Conductor with out my Shoes on Roisie.....lol
      October 17, 2017 6:06 AM MDT

It sure takes a lot of the fun out of something you have to keep explaining doesn't it NJ? Profuse apologies! I shall try to do better I promise! :) ((hugs))
      October 17, 2017 6:16 AM MDT