Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful". Years ago some model or dingbat dame said that. Does anyone hate you for being way cute/way smart?

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful". Years ago some model or dingbat dame said that. Does anyone hate you for being way cute/way smart?

Posted - October 18, 2017

Responses

Hi Rosie, I don't think I would call her a dingbat. It was just a commercial for a hair product years ago. And to be honest, she WAS a very beautiful woman. 

There are so many TV commercials these days that make me want to pull my hair out. If that weren't bad enough, the volume level is always higher so they blast you out and I'm always having to lower the volume then turn it back up when my program comes on. AND, you might see the same commercials five or six times during each program. It's damn annoying. 

Now I'll get off my soapbox. Lol

I hope you have a great day!
      October 18, 2017 2:07 PM MDT

Thanks PC!   You know what I was talking about. I realize the words weren't hers but written for her. However I'm not a fan of braggarts even if they are reading someone else's words. All these years later I still think that was one of the dumbest commercials ever written. I remembered it though and that's the point of commercials isn't it? Making an impression.  Thanks for making it real. I think she had a foreign sounding name  like Eva Slavinska or something. She had an accent too as I recall.  But I don't remember what she looked like. I feel the same as you do about commercials. Programs seem to have a zillion sponsers. I remember the day when a show had ONE. Dinah Shore had Chevrolet as hers for example.  Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :).
      October 19, 2017 2:22 AM MDT

Her name is Kelly LaBrock. I admit that I had to use Google. Lol This post was edited by ProblemCh1ld at October 20, 2017 3:09 AM MDT
      October 19, 2017 12:30 PM MDT

Now that's Weird (Science).

She became a star for about 5-minutes because or her "association" with a major action star, just like Sondra Locke. Sondra was Clint Eastwood's squeeze for a while and Kelly was glued to Stephen Seagal. The careers went belly-up when their respective relationships soured, no real talent of their own.
      October 19, 2017 12:45 PM MDT

Oh I remember her. Wasn't she married to some tough guy actor who beat her? Steven Segal maybe?. She is beautiful. Wonder whatever happened to her? Thank you for your reply PC and Happy Friday to thee. I wonder why I keep thinking that her name was foreign-sounding? I'm clearly getting her confused with someone else! :) I just Googled it and the name of the gal to whom I refer is RULA LENSKA! She did an Alberto VO5 commercial and I guess I just conflated her and the "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" commercial. Mystery solved! Hooray! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 20, 2017 8:28 PM MDT
      October 20, 2017 3:10 AM MDT

In school I got picked on for being studious. I think they were just jealous because I made better use of my time.
      October 18, 2017 9:49 PM MDT

I loved school and skipped a few grades. So I was younger than the other kids. I was also painfully shy. It wasn't the best of times for me but I survived it. I'm glad you did too Patch. Thank you for your reply. I don't think the kids were jealous of me. They just thought I was an odd duck which I guess I still am! :)
      October 19, 2017 2:16 AM MDT

Oh, darn. I thought it was Truman Capote that said that.
      October 19, 2017 12:50 PM MDT

Thanks, Rosie, for posting this here. It reminds of it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I45-zWJtvfM, Not aware if anyone... am not so beauty concious,,,rather than I am studious. Makeover of skills and knowledge.
      October 20, 2017 3:59 AM MDT