Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Games » When was the last time you played Fallout?

When was the last time you played Fallout?

Posted - October 18, 2017

Responses

• "Or when was the first time?"  I haven't yet.  My guess is that it's a first person shooter and I don't play first person (only) games.
      October 19, 2017 2:40 AM MDT

Have been playing Fallout: New Vegas for about a month and a half on end, finally going through the DLC. Dead Money was incredible--left a greater impression than most full-sized games do, for instance (trying to avoid spoilers) when Vera's singing started echoing through that forgotten hall.

This time I created a character meant to resemble me, and that includes him following my moral compass (rather than deciding beforehand whether I will be playing as, for example, a goody two-shoes who does everything nicely or someone with no restrictions whatsoever). He's striving for Vegas' independence, taking a cue from the Praetorians that has him traveling in light armor all the time--with all associated perks for extra speed and critical chance--unafraid to, hardcore mode enabled at the 'very hard' difficulty level, go up against a Deathclaw in hand-to-hand combat ever since stomping the soul out of Caesar (though trying to be peaceful where possible).

Completed Boone's quest in Bitter Springs recently, which had last been a long time ago. Good to see him redeemed, or allow himself some redemption, for the past. The Mojave is still full of very personal stories, and it's great how a game so vast in scope manages to get the little touches right. That's very much what has been keeping me coming back for years.
      October 19, 2017 3:02 AM MDT

• bethesda has already ruined my life with skyrim 
      October 24, 2017 8:29 PM MDT

I play that on my iPad all of the time.
      October 24, 2017 8:32 PM MDT