Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Per Belgian research published in Nature Communications the link between sugar and cancer is becoming clearer. Will you give up sugar?

Per Belgian research published in Nature Communications the link between sugar and cancer is becoming clearer. Will you give up sugar?

Posted - October 19, 2017

Responses

I already did. 
      October 19, 2017 11:59 AM MDT

Congrats. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday.
      October 20, 2017 2:01 AM MDT

Did you know that if you keep taking in oxygen you will eventually die? You'll slowly oxidize. 

So it just stands to reason that if you stop taking in something else so essential to life, something like sugars (carbohydrates) you die.

Leave it up the idiot Belgians to come up with the pop health issue de jour . . . 

October 19, 2017 12:03 PM MDT

Years ago but not long ago I learned cancer loves to feed and grow faster and stronger on sugar, honey , corn syrup and other kinds of sugar. This post was edited by Kittigate at October 20, 2017 2:01 AM MDT
      October 19, 2017 1:58 PM MDT

So do all the other cells in your body.

In fact, your body only "burns" one kind of sugar. the monosaccharide glucose. It breaks all more complex sugars (disaccharides, oligosaccharides and polysaccharides down into glucose before it can use them for "fuel". 
      October 19, 2017 2:38 PM MDT

My brain cells like to feed on 'big words' but I avoid that as well because they might become fat cells.
      October 19, 2017 11:40 PM MDT

:):):)  Which would make you a fathead which you aren't! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 20, 2017 6:33 AM MDT
      October 20, 2017 2:05 AM MDT

So you are cautious about its use then  m'dear? Several years ago I was diagnosed as being "pre-diabetic" so I'm very cautious about using it.  I never really ate a lot of sugary things. I prefer the salty crunchy stuff. My doctor said that as you get older some people's ability to metabolize sugar isn't as good as it was when they were younger. So being pre-diabetic isn't due to my overdosing on sugar so much as that I'm getting older and different things are working less efficiently. Thank you for your reply Kg and Happy Friday to thee! :)
      October 20, 2017 2:05 AM MDT