Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » According to Dr. Sam Parnia at the New York University Langone School of Medicine, the mind still works after the body dies. Didja know?

According to Dr. Sam Parnia at the New York University Langone School of Medicine, the mind still works after the body dies. Didja know?

You are aware that you are dead according to Dr. Parnia. I guess we will all find if that is fake news or really true.

Posted - October 19, 2017

Responses

Google 'Sam Parnia' there are various articles about their scientific research. 

"Consciousness after clinical death whether it fades away afterwards we do not know".

Perhaps 'consciousness'  is the dimension of existence after the body dies -or same thing what the religious consider to be the soul; consciousness is the basis from where life comes from and is our dimension of existence after death -a state of universal consciousness.. the infinite depths of the subconscious. No 'life after death' as individual 'person' This post was edited by Kittigate at October 20, 2017 2:54 AM MDT
      October 19, 2017 12:23 PM MDT

Maybe scientists think this is a big deal.  When you can get the fact that we do not need a mind or a brain or any of it, then what transpires through the mind after we die is of no concern.
      October 19, 2017 12:25 PM MDT

I imagine there is a different dimension of awareness; no awareness of time, space or material stuff.

No awareness of anything bad or good . Maybe that's why Ecclesiastes 4:2 says 'the dead are happier than the living '. This post was edited by Kittigate at October 19, 2017 12:50 PM MDT
      October 19, 2017 12:28 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Kg. I was just thinking if I want that to be true. To "KNOW" I'm dead before all consciousness fades away. Would you?
      October 20, 2017 2:55 AM MDT

You would be aware of 'floating' toward the point of no return but no awareness of being dead but perhaps a sensation like 'coming home' to an existence before your life began. 

During an NDE I had that sensation of floating back in time toward when my life began and beyond the point of no return was existence before my life began. 'Coming home' in some sort of sense.
      October 20, 2017 11:31 AM MDT

NDE. Near death experience? You make it sound beautiful Kg and not scary at all. It sounds very comforting actually. I have not had such an experience as that. Thank you for sharing that with me/us and Happy Sunday m'dear! :)
      October 22, 2017 2:36 AM MDT

That means that something is "detected" that resonates.  

That is interesting.  It would really wipe out any arguments that we are alive after we die.  Meaning, if someone is resuscitated after presumed dead, and he remembers a so-called life after death experience, maybe it is just his overworked mind at play.

We need more confirmation.

Then we get to the channelers.    I mean those who talk to the dead, have no access to any information from the dead person, and can let the dead person's spirit come through.   There is a lady in New York, for instance, that channels a dead man in ARIZONA.  She never met him.  She knows very little.  Had a short meeting with the man's mom.   The man's mom reads the letters this man transcribes through the channeler in New York.   The mother wouldn't lie if she could.  She is a Sunday school teacher and she is known throughout the USA as a role model for New methods of teaching children human values.  So, she doesn't care about making up some weird story.  She's busy and she can handle death.  She's a big girl.

Anyway, her son, Chris, writes her letters about once a month at first and then years at a time come and go and he will send along another one just to let her know he is aware of all she is doing and saying.

He is still in a coma and has been for a couple of decades now.  

There is NO way this man, his mom and this channeler are faking this.  They couldn't if they tried.

I have the book.  It's called Letters from J.  You can order it on Amazon for a few bucks I think.

Bernice Mead

That's the mom.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 20, 2017 2:57 AM MDT
      October 19, 2017 12:32 PM MDT

Your post is confusing.
    You say this woman channels a dead son ... then say the son is in a coma.
      October 19, 2017 2:42 PM MDT

Wow! That is extremely intriguiging. Thank you for your thoughtfully informative reply Shar and the graphic.                                                                                                                                 
      October 20, 2017 2:57 AM MDT

While Death, in a medical sense, is when the heart stops beating and cuts off blood to the brain, personally---after studying philosophy many years ago---I've always thought that death occurs when the soul ceases to share its act of existence with the body.

There is no reason to assume that the soul does that at the same time that medical death occurs.
      October 19, 2017 1:24 PM MDT

I don't know if I'm that keen to "KNOW" I'm dead tom. If some sort of consciousness continues on for a little while after the death of the body would that be helpful or very creepy and scary?  Would you want to KNOW?  Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      October 20, 2017 3:00 AM MDT

I would think there would be no reason to know that one is dead unless there were an afterlife, so I expect it would not be an unpleasant experience.

What you refer to as "consciousness" is what I refer to as two faculties of the soul---the intellect and the free will.  And of course, I think the souls is what is immortal.

I would not be surprised if that time immediately after death were a time of total awareness of what we are and the meaning of what we did.
      October 20, 2017 10:12 AM MDT

I suppose we shall all find out when our "time comes" tom. No one KNOWS for certain what happens after. Nothing, something, everything? You have be there in person and not accept secondhand information. Here's my d'ruthers. Life goes on exactly as before absent hate, pain, illness , strife, war. We still have different opinions as we did before but we are friendly/cordial/polite about our differences. T'would be nice. What could it hurt to wish for that? I like my life, my family, my friends. I even like some folks who are really difficult to contend with but don't tell them that because it will go to their heads and they will become even more impossible. Thank you for your thoughtful  reply. Maybe we will meet and greet "on the other side". Maybe  this is it!:)
      October 20, 2017 12:25 PM MDT

See you there.
      October 20, 2017 2:09 PM MDT

Okey dokey kiddo! Looking forward to it! Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Saturday! :)
      October 21, 2017 4:23 AM MDT