Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » I cant figure out how to join a group I want to join, how do you do that?

I cant figure out how to join a group I want to join, how do you do that?

Posted - October 19, 2017

Responses

Hi Just Asking. I did what you told me to do and got in. Im so excited about this new group. I only wish I could contribute something interesting, because Im terrible at politics. I do love the President though, and thats basically why Im here, to support him and learn. Thanks again JA. ;)
      October 19, 2017 7:38 PM MDT

CP...I am in deflate mode.
      October 19, 2017 7:47 PM MDT

Have you been drinking Element 99? ;D
      October 19, 2017 7:53 PM MDT

No...not yet.
      October 19, 2017 8:04 PM MDT

Image result for gifs of people drinking
    I dont drink, but do you mind if I join you when you start? ;D
      October 20, 2017 6:40 AM MDT

Sofar Trump has made amerika grate again. Well, its a start.
      October 19, 2017 7:34 PM MDT

• With all due respect to the owner of this site , considering what was said in a group PM among a few members a few days ago ... this seems like a band-aid, not a solution. I'm neither a Trump fan or an American. But why Is the solution to the "blow up" this past weekend a "Pro Trump" group. Why not put the NON STOP Trump questions off to the side in a nice little group? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 22, 2017 5:14 PM MDT
      October 20, 2017 2:50 PM MDT

The purpose of the group isn't to give those folks a place to sit and talk among themselves. It was made because I spoke with someone who said that, as a Trump supporter, they were feeling alone on the site. I want everyone to feel comfortable here and to feel like they have a voice, and so I proposed to that member, as well as one other, that we create the group 1) To give them a place to congregate, so they could see that they weren't alone. 2) To give them the opportunity to mobilize as a group to correct any misunderstandings or mistruths. It's not about silencing or compartmentalizing anyone, it's about helping people find their voices and gain the courage/ strength to use them. The members I spoke with prior to creating the group are satisfied with it and are looking forward to using it. In this respect, it is a success, but I suppose those who weren't involved in its creation wouldn't understand this, and therefore wouldn't see the value in it because they're expecting it to be something other than what it is and what it's intended for. 

The solution to the "Trump" questions. Eh, well, they're not really "Trump" questions. The T-word is only mentioned in a few and politics account for roughly half of them. I'm dorky enough to add them up on a regular basis, and that hasn't changed in more than a year, but people, for whatever reason, have glommed onto the idea that they all relate to Trump. I suspect that's because they don't actually look at them. I actually just looked at 2 days worth now and the T-word isn't even mentioned once, though two could maybe be tied to it. In any case, I have said from day one that I don't believe in censoring anyone who isn't breaking a site policy. That means I'm not about to put a stop to those questions. People have the ability to filter their feeds and to create the type of environment they want. If someone doesn't want to see a specific Mugger's question in their feed, they can "hide" that person's content. They can also just look at content added by their friends, or build a custom list. Because the power to pick and choose what you see is already in your hands, I see no need to silence anyone on a site-wide level. Personally, I just scroll past what I don't want to answer, but for those who don't want to do this, filtering takes less than one minute to set up.

However, in addition to creating the group (which, like I said meets the needs and expectations of those involved), I also spoke to a handful of people about their activity on the site, I asked another group to start posting more, particularly in the mornings to get more variety going, and I adjusted the main feed, so a person will only show up a maximum of 10 times at once. 
      October 22, 2017 4:12 PM MDT

Excellent response JA. :))

Thanks again for everything you do, you are doing a great job....;))
      October 22, 2017 4:38 PM MDT

• Okay , thanks for explaining, I was under impression that group was made as a result of some other things that went down couple weeks ago. guess I was wrong , first time for everything ;)
      October 25, 2017 3:02 PM MDT