Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Military » Will the day ever arrive when human beings collectively decide war is he** and they want no part of it? What would it take to get there?

Will the day ever arrive when human beings collectively decide war is he** and they want no part of it? What would it take to get there?

Posted - October 26, 2017

Responses

i would hope so
      October 27, 2017 2:50 PM MDT

There exists a worldwide brotherhood association that has refused to take up arms against each other as well as their fellow man. (Isaiah 2:4)they are the nucleus of the coming promised new world. (Revelation 21:4)
      March 15, 2018 9:07 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Autumn. I read Sharon's reply and  I have a question I"m going to ask.  Hope all is well with you and your family m'dear.  Happy Friday!  :)                                                                          
      March 16, 2018 2:11 AM MDT

Bob Dylan wrote this in the 60's.   I hope you read every word.  I hope everyone reads this.

Masters of War.

It is very good.  He got an honorary Degree from Princeton University for his song lyrics. 

Here is how we felt in the 60's as young people.   We were a LOT more angry than these Florida kids.  They have to really amp it up a LOT.

Bob Dylan Lyrics

Play "Masters Of War"
    on Amazon Music

"Masters Of War"

Come you masters of war
    You that build all the guns
    You that build the death planes
    You that build all the bombs
    You that hide behind walls
    You that hide behind desks
    I just want you to know
    I can see through your masks

You that never done nothin'
    But build to destroy
    You play with my world
    Like it's your little toy
    You put a gun in my hand
    And you hide from my eyes
    And you turn and run farther
    When the fast bullets fly

Like Judas of old
    You lie and deceive
    A world war can be won
    You want me to believe
    But I see through your eyes
    And I see through your brain
    Like I see through the water
    That runs down my drain

You fasten all the triggers
    For the others to fire
    Then you set back and watch
    When the death count gets higher
    You hide in your mansion'
    As young people's blood
    Flows out of their bodies
    And is buried in the mud

You've thrown the worst fear
    That can ever be hurled
    Fear to bring children
    Into the world
    For threatening my baby
    Unborn and unnamed
    You ain't worth the blood
    That runs in your veins

How much do I know
    To talk out of turn
    You might say that I'm young
    You might say I'm unlearned
    But there's one thing I know
    Though I'm younger than you
    That even Jesus would never
    Forgive what you do

Let me ask you one question
    Is your money that good
    Will it buy you forgiveness
    Do you think that it could
    I think you will find
    When your death takes its toll
    All the money you made
    Will never buy back your soul

And I hope that you die
    And your death'll come soon
    I will follow your casket
    In the pale afternoon
    And I'll watch while you're lowered
    Down to your deathbed
    And I'll stand over your grave
    'Til I'm sure that you're dead

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 16, 2018 2:04 AM MDT
      March 15, 2018 9:15 PM MDT

I read every word Sharon. I am unfamiliar with this song. I wasn't a Bob Dylan fan so I never paid much attention to him. My mistake.  Thank you for your reply and for providing this song. Some things are unchanging and timeless. War is one of them I guess. These words are as true today as they were however many decades ago this poem song was created. Same battle, different people, ever after. :( Happy Friday! Thanks for sharing this with me. I appreciate it. Warmongers never listen to poets.  They don't have the time. They are too busy  planning the next kill. Which brings up a questiom which I shall ask.         
      March 16, 2018 2:09 AM MDT

Thanks for listening, Rosie.  I get a lump in my throat and a fire in my stomach every time I read those words.  They are masterful, speaking of masters.
      March 16, 2018 11:07 PM MDT

The words are hauntingly beautiful because they are true which also makes them unbearably sad.  I wonder if a day will ever come when these words mean nothing because wars will have become obsolete and a subject of great shame, embarrassment, humiliation? We ought not take any pride in wars. "Win" or lose doesn't everyone lose? :( This post was edited by RosieG at March 20, 2018 1:26 AM MDT
      March 17, 2018 2:06 AM MDT

Bob Dylan certainly made a strong statement. I remember the protest songs of the 60s, only i was very young to understand the seriousness ov the time. The warmongers of this world have a high price to pay for all the bloodshed they are responsible for. God's day of vengeance is nearing and it won't be late. (Zephaniah 1:14-18) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at March 17, 2018 2:06 AM MDT
      March 16, 2018 11:03 PM MDT

Autumn, I DO believe some type of reckoning is going to take place and very soon.  We all can feel it in the air.   I hope we are all loving one another and trying to think of each other throughout these very trying times. 
      March 16, 2018 11:09 PM MDT

:):):)
      March 17, 2018 2:07 AM MDT

Hi sharonna, if you believe in this reckoning., then you have an advantage over many. The bible prophecies relating to the time we find ourselves in human history for the most part have been fulfilled. There is much skepticism having to do with bible prophecy. Yet the evidence of the bible's veracity and accuracy having to do with fulfilling prophecies is quite startling as well as amazing. Conditions here on earth are such that only divine intervention will bring permanent relief to the problems mankind faces. Soon though many will be convinced because of demonic propaganda that man will bring about world peace. (Revelation 16:14-16)the intention here is to misguide the masses.The objective is to distract the listener from the true source of relief and hope. (Luke 21:25-31)
      March 19, 2018 10:43 PM MDT

Well, I have been told that everyone who has ever been born is on the earth now or within this last century till now.

I believe in reincarnation.  We are all working out this dilemna we are all in now.    I have also been privy to the idea that this is one of the worst times on earth and will be met with peace soon and for the reasons you say.

Let us PRAY, my Dear Autumn, that we survive this and we DO have peace for everyone.  And may it be soon.
      March 19, 2018 10:49 PM MDT

:):):)
      March 17, 2018 2:07 AM MDT

:):):):):) so nice to hear from you!!!
      March 20, 2018 12:11 AM MDT

Happy First Day of Spring Tuesday Autumn! :)
      March 20, 2018 1:28 AM MDT

You too rosie, may this be the best spring ever!!!!  This post was edited by Autumnleaves at March 21, 2018 4:44 AM MDT
      March 20, 2018 8:33 AM MDT

Amen my friend! Amen! Happy Wednesday Autumn! :)
      March 21, 2018 4:44 AM MDT

It's not the People/soldiers that want to kill Rosie.....it's the politician and land and oil grabbers that are desperate to swell their pockets that need to kill to get their way....
      March 17, 2018 2:14 AM MDT

The people are responsible for the politicians they elect D. The folks who elected donjohn are responsible for him and everything he does and says. They OWN it because they purchased him with their votes. They facilitated his ascent to power and they adore him. Go figger! Thank you for your reply! :) Happy First Day of Spring Tuesday! :)

March 20, 2018 1:31 AM MDT

Would different leaders do different things Rosie....Do you think America ,England,Russia, ChIna or Korea  would ever disband it's armies and take a passive stance...Irrespective of who leads these countries  ......there will be no really drastic changes in their policies.....  Which one doesn't want to be the top dominant ?
      March 20, 2018 2:45 AM MDT

I am not a leader type D so I don't really understand that mindset. Perhaps it is endemic in leaders that they want to dominate and be dominant and be feared. I think I might have you told that I turned down promotions in past jobs that would require me to supervise/manage people. I didn't want any part of it. I also don't believe in competition because it so often brings out the worst in people. You have to be competitive and want to control others I expect in order to even run for president. I dislike both so I c ould never really understand such folks. Jim has said that the men at least must have a lot more testosterone than "normal" men do to want to take on that big a job. I also don't know anything about that since I'm a gal. So I would like to think there are benevolent rulers who want only to better the lives of the people they serve. As I write that I think "how naive am I?"  But haven't there been leaders (women maybe) who really weren't after power for themselves but were after making life better for the people? Thank you for your reply. Did I answer your question sweetie?
      March 20, 2018 2:58 AM MDT

I can't think of any leader that wasn't in to politics for power,money or image.....

Harold Wilson was England's labour Prime Minister many years ago in the sixties maybe.....
    I remember seeing  an article about him once of him attend  a function  meeting other world leaders and he was wearing a suit with a repaired tear in his suits jacket .......Who ever took to photo highlighted the repair in his suit .....it was done to make him look cheap.....
    Most likely he was the only sincere man this country's ever had lead us......He was relitively poor and had no desires for wealth and power.....:( 
      March 20, 2018 3:39 AM MDT

I think that speaks very well of Harold Wilson D.  Thank you for your thoughtful answer! :)
      March 21, 2018 4:48 AM MDT

People know that war is hell.  But they don't care because they want to fight and conquer and be heroes and dominate.  They love the feeling power gives them and they don't know enough other ways to get that feeling. This post was edited by officegirl at March 20, 2018 4:51 AM MDT
      March 20, 2018 4:50 AM MDT