Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do some scientist really think that the universe should not exist? If so, why does it?

Do some scientist really think that the universe should not exist? If so, why does it?

https://www.newsweek.com/universe-should-not-exist-cern-scientists-discover-692500

https://nypost.com/2017/10/25/the-universe-shouldnt-exist-according-to-science/

Posted - October 26, 2017

Responses

The governing body knocked it up last Tuesday during their lunch break.
      October 26, 2017 9:38 PM MDT

In a dimension of infinity time would measure zero elapsed time therefore time is an illusion and does not exist and without the dimension of time, space and matter cannot exist. 
    But it seems we are here anyway. There is something else involved...

Link not working for me so I am just guessing. This post was edited by Kittigate at October 27, 2017 9:00 AM MDT
      October 26, 2017 10:54 PM MDT

Sorry, didn't work for me either. Just Asking says to copy and paste links but to remove the s from https that answermug adds before submitting. Sorry. I'll try here through the link feature:

https://www.newsweek.com/universe-should-not-exist-cern-scientists-discover-692500
    n
    https://nypost.com/2017/10/25/the-universe-shouldnt-exist-according-to-science/

(
    Didn't work here either. Have to copy and paste and then remove the added s, and then hit enter on these as well.) This post was edited by texasescimo at October 27, 2017 9:03 AM MDT
      October 27, 2017 8:11 AM MDT

Interesting -matter and antimatter eliminating one another to make existence impossible but we are here -enjoying a quantum existence perhaps; here and not here at the same instant 
      October 27, 2017 8:58 AM MDT

I have no desire to read it, as it is a load of crap. I pinched myself...proof that I exist.
      October 27, 2017 9:02 AM MDT

Ok.. I have a BA* degree in science but just not in religious material. 

*Believe Anything. 
      October 27, 2017 9:21 AM MDT

like your BA
      October 28, 2017 10:39 AM MDT

Hello Element 99. Have you ever pondered how everything got here or how everything stays in order to sustain life down here like the distance of the sun and moon, much further everything would freeze, much closer everything would burn up, the rotation of the earth with a temperature range, and an atmosphere that were just right, contains the right mixture of atmospheric gases, including large amounts of breathable oxygen, drinkable water, available food sources, diversity of life, how does the earth remain healthy and habitable despite pollution and over crowding in some parts?
      October 27, 2017 10:08 AM MDT

In the beginning god created the heaven and the earth. This annoyed a lot of people and is generally considered to be a bad idea.
      October 27, 2017 12:12 AM MDT

It's the same as usual. Some scientist, in order to make his theories work so he could get his Phd, filled in some blanks in his equations to make them work. Kinda like dark matter and energy.
      October 27, 2017 8:44 AM MDT

If you are the Christian that you claim to be, then you should agree with that statement.

You see, we came down here, according to your Bible, because we desired the fruit of Knowledge.   That desire was an unrest with the state of how things were before the Universe came into be-ing.  According to your Bible.  Everything was perfect.  God made man and man wanted more.

Well, desire is what brought about this mess we are in.  Before we came into the physical, we were formless, we were OF GOD without the body. 

So, the Scientists were right-on after all, when you look at it that way.

According to Satya Sai Baba, this is actually how Jesus really looked.   He manifested this picture for his devotees out of thin air.  We laugh at people who are still blindly searching for God.  He is RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW.   Don't worry.   He loves us all.

October 27, 2017 8:49 AM MDT

Can you tell me where I can read: "You see, we came down here, according to your Bible, because we desired the fruit of Knowledge.   That desire was an unrest with the state of how things were before the Universe came into be-ing."

I don't remember reading that we came down here because we desired the fruit of Knowledge?
      October 27, 2017 9:24 AM MDT

probably and it exists cause god wants it to
      October 27, 2017 1:56 PM MDT

Which god would that be Pearl?
      October 27, 2017 7:04 PM MDT

As I always say, logic is useless for discovering "truth" (the conformity of the mind to that which exists) if one is reasoning from the wrong assumptions.
      October 27, 2017 2:18 PM MDT

I was kinda thinking that scientist not being able to wrap their hands around initial existence of the universe could be seen as possible evidence for God, evidence, not proof in of itself. I often hear that there is not one shred of evidence for existence of God but usually by ones that start off with the conclusion that there is no God and force all interpretations of evidence backwards from there, often with insults to anyone that differs.
      October 27, 2017 2:40 PM MDT

Okay tom, what method would you suggest should be used to arrive at the 'truth'?
      October 27, 2017 4:09 PM MDT

I thought...that you thought...that you had already found it---given the confidence you hold in your opinions about religion.
      October 27, 2017 6:15 PM MDT

Nice body swerve (you really are very good at not answering questions) but the question was 'what method would you suggest should be used to arrive at the 'truth'?
      October 27, 2017 6:50 PM MDT

Scientists used to be called natural philosophers, addressing questions such as the existence of the universe, but to bring in ideas of 'should' and 'why' requires extra conceptual baggage all of their own.. 

October 28, 2017 11:10 AM MDT

Q "Do some scientist really think that the universe should not exist? If so, why does it?"

It's not btw the first time that they have said something like that. Apparently, it was thought that the probability of the conditions for the formation of the universe being just right post the Big Bang were so small as to be considered well nigh impossible. Yet, here we are. So, if you don't believe in God then it's by a miracle that we're here, a huge leap of faith, if you do believe in God then it's by His design.

October 28, 2017 2:55 PM MDT