Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » History » Which is the most famous sword in histoy, that you know of?

Which is the most famous sword in histoy, that you know of?

Posted - November 6, 2017

Responses

• Excalibur
      November 6, 2017 7:17 PM MST

The one that was thrust into Jesus.
      November 7, 2017 7:40 AM MST

That was not a sword but a spear.
      November 7, 2017 8:25 AM MST

Thank you...I plead ignorance once more.
      November 7, 2017 11:09 AM MST

No doubt he still got the Point though....:)D 
      February 28, 2018 8:00 AM MST

There must be several contenders for that title. Myself I would place Excalibur in legend rather than in history- especially since nobody is certain who Arthur really was. 'King Arthur' has several locations laying claim as the site of his exploits. Alternatively, the legend may knit together remembrances of several notable British military leaders of the time.
    I might plump for the Ulfberht sword as being as famous and as feared as any weapon of its day. Not an individual sword, but a type of 'superior technology' sword engineered by the Vikings, using advanced metallurgical techniques unmatched in Europe until centuries later. 

February 28, 2018 7:22 AM MST

All I know is that the  Samari sword was far more lethal then the Pirates Cut'less   :(
      February 28, 2018 7:58 AM MST

You seem to know a heck of a lot about it Nice. You weren't ever captured by pirates by chance, were you, and forced into awful situations you couldn't possibly tell us about.
    PS. Just for reference, I always enjoy reading your entertaining posts. Thanks. 

February 28, 2018 11:08 AM MST

I must admit I'm pretty and also good at entertaining as well as Larking about...

There are so many things I cant tell people ...mostly because I know nothing about them I suppose....
    The fact is that when I finally get to the point it's Norma Lee pretty sharp....:)D

Just so you know...My entertaining Posts are called something entirly different here in England.....Agree though....Yes,  !  they are rather enjoyable ...
    As for the Pirates ,I'd Foil any attempt to sit me on a'fence :)D
      February 28, 2018 11:32 AM MST