Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you ever say "you were right, I was wrong" to anyone about anything? Is your pride so strong that you will NEVER admit you are wrong?

Do you ever say "you were right, I was wrong" to anyone about anything? Is your pride so strong that you will NEVER admit you are wrong?

Posted - November 8, 2017

Responses

Yes, I will admit if I decide I am wrong.
      November 8, 2017 5:37 AM MST

If you "decide"? When have you ever decided you were wrong m2c? Inquiring minds would like to know. You always seem to be so certain you are right and those who  do not agree are wrong. You are very emphatic about that. You never leave any wiggle room to accommodate the possibility that you are wrong at all. Why?Thank you for your reply.
      November 8, 2017 10:58 AM MST

I have admitted I was wrong on this site a number of times. Yes, I do have to see evidence showing my error so I can decide I was wrong. 
      November 8, 2017 11:31 AM MST

When I'm wrong, I admit it.
      November 8, 2017 8:52 AM MST

Me too. I have no problem with being truth about anything ever. Thank you for your reply Spunky! :)
      November 8, 2017 10:59 AM MST

Happy Wednesday, Rosie. :)
      November 8, 2017 11:12 AM MST

Thank you Spunky. Happy Thursday to you.
      November 9, 2017 3:42 AM MST

The older I get, the easier it becomes to say those very things.
      November 8, 2017 8:56 AM MST

I agree with thee Zack. Why is that I wonder? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      November 8, 2017 10:59 AM MST

I usually just suffer in silence when my gal insists on something that I am sure is baloney but one time I googled the topic in question and discovered she was right! Was an interesting topic and I learned some good stuff so I admitted to her that "you were right and i will probably never become a genius and be as smart as you".
      November 8, 2017 9:43 AM MST

That is a super kind and super sweet reaction Kg! Good for you! Your gal is lucky to have you. I hope she is equally honorable and admits when she is wrong as well!  Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 8, 2017 11:01 AM MST

It happens, but not very often.
      November 8, 2017 12:29 PM MST

Thank you for your reply Malizz and Happy Thursday! :)
      November 9, 2017 4:21 AM MST

I will say I am wrong over things that don't matter even if I am right.
    I don't have time for petty crap.
      November 8, 2017 12:59 PM MST

I can't do that Lulu'sMom. That would be lying for me. No disrespect intended to you.  I always admit when I'm wrong though. I have never had a problem doing that since I hold dear being honest and truthful. More important to me than pride. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      November 9, 2017 4:23 AM MST

I put in a lot of effort to post highly accurate answers and in general, to only say what I truly believe is correct.  (Even when I give my opinions, I base them on my principles.)

That minimizes the occurrence of my finding myself to be "wrong," and needing to apologize.

But like all of us, my judgment is only as good as my information---and I made a decision or say something that turns out to be inaccurate or misleading.  In such a case, I correct what I have done and let others who were affected know that what I said was incorrect.

Of course, in marriage, I treat my wife with great respect and apologize when appropriate---fortunately neither one of us has to do that very often, but both of us do so.

My pride is never (really) involved in being right or wrong---My concern is only to share what I know and to correct what I think to be misleading information. 

November 8, 2017 2:13 PM MST

I'm with you. Honestly/truthfulness is something I hold very dear. Always have. I have never had a problem apologizing when I was wrong/mistaken/whatever. I am not that proud that I would keep silent when I knew the truth. An unspoken truth is also a lie to me. I'm gonna ask that question. Thank you for your thoughtful and informative answer tom! :)
      November 9, 2017 4:26 AM MST