Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » An Answermug pal posited something interesting. What do you think about it? Do you agree?

An Answermug pal posited something interesting. What do you think about it? Do you agree?

Here it is.
"The rest of the world knows the U.S.A. makes the most carbon. On the other hand the U.S.A. makes the most solutions". I read that China was the worst polluter. Setting that aside there seems to me to  be something very wrong with a country that makes problems but that's ok because they make solutions too. Why make the problems in the first place? If you can solve it why create them? Isn't it better to PREVENT disease than to let the patient get sick and then save his life? Makes no sense to me. Does it make sense to thee?

Posted - November 9, 2017

Responses

I can't comment on the statistics, not least because you don't cite their source, but to be fair to China although I've no time for its tyranny, it has recognised the problem and is now making big strides in reducing the pollution its own industries produce. 

Generally, the problems were created before they were really recognised.

November 10, 2017 11:47 AM MST

My source is exactly as I stated in my question Durdle. Another Answermugger. That's why I asked what folks think about it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      November 10, 2017 12:14 PM MST

Oh yes, sorry Rosie! However, the quote does not cite the original source.
      November 10, 2017 1:50 PM MST

Precisely m'dear. Even without that though as an "what if" it is true what do you think?   Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday!  :) Not everything has a source you can site. Things that spring from the imagination for example.  There is no statistic or poll that covers that. You just have to accept the parameters of someone's imagination and go along with it. Or ignore it. Right?  :)
      November 11, 2017 3:11 AM MST

China produces the most cardon. USA is 2nd.

China does a little less than 2-4 combined.

https://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science_and_impacts/science/each-countrys-share-of-co2.html

This post was edited by my2cents at November 11, 2017 4:28 AM MST
      November 11, 2017 4:17 AM MST

I learnt this morning, on BBC Radio Four's Farming Today programme, that world-wide agriculture produces about a quarter of the world's total carbon-dioxide output. It surprised me!

This comes from UN studies, and it would be interesting to see the figures per nation as an extension to the table My2cents gives. They presumably exist, but I don't know here or how you'd find them. 
      November 11, 2017 1:31 PM MST

Follow the link below my table. 
      November 11, 2017 1:34 PM MST