Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » I suppose the subjects of an experiment are unaware of it. IF human beings are an experiment are we a success/failure SO FAR? Why is that?

I suppose the subjects of an experiment are unaware of it. IF human beings are an experiment are we a success/failure SO FAR? Why is that?

Posted - November 10, 2017

Responses

maybe cause theyre unaware of it
      November 10, 2017 2:48 PM MST

If we've managed to survive thus far, then I'd say we're a success.
      November 10, 2017 7:31 PM MST

Thank you for your reply Patch and Happy Saturday. I think we are an abject failure. There are the wars of course. Then there are the liars and cheaters and betrayers. There are "alternative facts" that people embrace and reject truth and honor and integrity. A Republican voter in Alabama said he would rather vote for Roy Moore (a pedophile) than a Democrat. He is not singular in that mindset. Others are echoing that. The political scandals are overwhelming.  The sexual perverts are oozing out of the woodwork and who knows where that will end? Far too many people are vicious and cruel and enjoy harming "the enemy" which is everyone but themselves and those who agree with them. I see nothing successful in that.  And it is getting worse each day. Oh well so what, right? :( This post was edited by RosieG at November 11, 2017 2:46 AM MST
      November 11, 2017 2:44 AM MST

I guess it depends on what you would consider "successful" then. Everyone succeeds in something. You could be a huge toadstool of a person, but succeed in business. You could also be a failure in life, but succeed as a decent person.
    Anyway, I was looking at it in a way of survival. Nature is just one big competition and the failures go extinct while the successful ones continue..until they fail and join all the other losers. In the end, we're all losers because extinction is inevitable. But so far we're successful in not all being dead.
      November 11, 2017 6:33 AM MST

We all die Patch. Just not at one time. However the possibility of that happening is increasingly possible given the promiscuous wanton evil nuclear finger on a prez who is at best a loose cannon and at worst a nutjob. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 12, 2017 5:11 AM MST