Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Some folks are superb gift-givers! They always hit the mark! I'm lousy at it. I s'pose YOU'RE just great at it, right?

Some folks are superb gift-givers! They always hit the mark! I'm lousy at it. I s'pose YOU'RE just great at it, right?

SIGH.  My 'best" gift is a gift card. That way folks get what they want when they want and don't have to return anything. But it certainly isn't remotely creative.  :(

Posted - November 13, 2017

Responses

Don't worry, I'm not so good at it either. I usually give food and fuzzy socks because everyone could use those.
      November 13, 2017 10:16 AM MST

Well m'dear that's kinda comforting to learn. I can't tell you how many times I shopped and shopped and shopped and found what I thought would be PERFECT and, well, it wasn't for whatever reason. So it was returned and exchanged for something else. Sounds like you have a great plan. It's streamlined simple as well. Who can't use fuzzy socks, especially when it's cold? You can never have too many. And food is always good (I'm a Foodie ya know). Thank you for your reply Patch and Happy Tuesday!  :)
      November 14, 2017 1:29 AM MST

If they hint at something specific, I'd get that for them. Otherwise, if they don't give me a clue then they're getting the usual. They always give me candles anyway because I can never think of anything I want and they would feel bad if they didn't give me at least something. I love my candles though, and I go through them fast.
      November 14, 2017 5:51 AM MST

You are an A-Number One classy person Patch. Seriously. You're like me. Whatever you get you are grateful for and find a way to appreciate it. One exception for me. True confessions. I was 14 and my aunt gave me a chartreuse orlon cardigan. Chartreuse is my least favorite color. Orlon? That isn't even almost real stuff. It's not cotton or wool. It's a SYNTHETIC ACRYLIC! It's something I tried to be grateful for but I NEVER wore it and kept it in the box and on a shelf and I think my mom might have given it to Goodwill. I'm 80. I was 14. That sweater is still vividly etched in my mind as being the ugliest piece of clothing I ever saw! Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 14, 2017 6:00 AM MST

• I think I am a pretty good gift giver with the people I know well,   and when buying gifts for the kids in my family or my friends kids..  cos I LOVE TOYS! :) I personally really like getting gift cards though , especially to restaraunts I like.  so I think your gifts are fine then:) 
      November 13, 2017 5:53 PM MST

((hugs)) That's really swell of you to say Jaimie. I like receiving them too because you don't have to use them right away. You can wait for sales and get even better deals. Some folks think it's lazy though and are disappointed because you didn't put forth the effort. They have no idea how much effort I used to put into buying something they couldn't use, didn't like or already had. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 14, 2017 1:32 AM MST
      November 14, 2017 1:32 AM MST