Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What do you think about Louis CK sexual misconduct? Is backlash too harsh?

What do you think about Louis CK sexual misconduct? Is backlash too harsh?

From what I read in the testimonies, none of the women objected to his actions or left the room when he was doing it; he asked/told them before he started; there was no coercion whatsoever; none of the women were people he had any sort of professional leverage over... They were just other comedians or people who worked for a separate entity/company. Sure, the whole thing isn't very admirable, but is it really that big of a deal? His career has been either ruined or incredibly blemished.

Posted - November 13, 2017

Responses

If what he says is true, then I think that if you ask someone if it's OK of you do something and they don't object, they don't really have the right to bitch about it a decade later.  They could all have said no and that would likely have been the end of it. 
      November 13, 2017 2:09 PM MST

i dont know anything about it
      November 13, 2017 2:37 PM MST

He asked and abided by their response.  Why is there a problem?  
    Aa rude question to ask for sure but I don't think is illegal. 
      November 13, 2017 3:41 PM MST

He did have leverage.  That was the entire point and why they've come forward now.  There have been rumors circulating about his misconduct for years.  Jen Kirkman was one of the first ones to complain about it years ago and no one listened or believed her.  His apology is a bunch of bullsh*t.  He knew what he was doing was wrong and very uncomfortable for them.  It's why he did it.  It's a turn on for him.  He knew they admired him and were hoping for career advice and help.  He took advantage of his position.  I've always loved Louis CK.  I still love his take on life and his comedy.  But,  I don't admire him as a person anymore.  
      November 13, 2017 3:57 PM MST

• I think it's too harsh based off what I've read about it. I personally have been in a situation where I was In someone's home and they walked out of another room naked. I had no intention of having any sexual contact with that person that night... so I left. If I had chosen to stay and he started masturbating in front of me ... I wouldn't be crying sexual assault 10ish years later. If there was some kind of force that's a different matter, but from what I've read, there wasn't.
      November 13, 2017 4:54 PM MST

• Meh, it's just creepy cad level IMHO.   I always kinda found him creepy even though he's funny as hell.
    Comedians are usually pretty phked up so......
      November 13, 2017 5:06 PM MST