Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Besides surviving, what is your goal/goals in life? Do you have any you can share or are they all secret?

Besides surviving, what is your goal/goals in life? Do you have any you can share or are they all secret?

Posted - November 15, 2017

Responses

After my husband died last year, I have been busy almost 24/7 taking care of my grandson. His birthday is today and he is 3. He pretty much moved in with my son and I so he keeps me really busy. My goal is to stay healthy, strong and be the best grandmother i can for my grandson and mother for my son. We all live together. ;)
      November 15, 2017 9:01 AM MST

((hugs)) You will achieve that goal cp. I just KNOW it. It is  so important to be needed. Maybe especially for women.  Most of us become mothers and get used to having people depend on us and require our presence. When children grow and move away..when your marital status changes whether through divorce or as in your case through losing your husband, you feel lost. Taking care of yourself isn't enough. You've been used to caring for others most of your adult life and it isn't like a light switch you can turn on or off. They need you and you need them and you are all lucky to have one another. My wish for you is that should your son remarry that his wife adore you and love you. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      November 16, 2017 2:11 AM MST

i dont do much things currently. im pretty much surviving, and searchin my destiny/identity.

I want to make plans to make money too.... cuz im on welfare and its not the perfect way to make money. 

i dunno what to say but anyways.
      November 15, 2017 3:11 PM MST

Thank you for showing up franc. I appreciate it.  Sounds like you are going through tough times and I'm sure your life will change for the better. Right now things probably look grim but the great things about life is that you never know what is around the next corner or over the next hill.  I believe you will find your way out of your current circumstances. I wish you all the luck you need to get there.  Happy Thursday!
      November 16, 2017 2:06 AM MST

short term career goal: I 'm currently teaching 5th graders at a lower ranked school. Some students are below reading level. In March, they take a test called the FSA
    (Florida State Assessment). My goal is for my below level readers to get a passing score on this test.
      November 15, 2017 5:34 PM MST

((hugs)) That's awesome ally! I don't know if I told you this but my son is a teacher! I think being a teacher is the noblest profession! Honestly I do and always have! You shape minds. You help children feel better about themselves. You encourage them to socialize and find a way to fit into a very complicated life. Congratulations and I bet you will achieve that goal. They are really lucky to have you. I was a painfully shy child and several teachers helped me come out of my shell as much as was possible for an introvert. My 3rd grade teacher Miss Bryant became a family friend through my high school graduation! I shall never forget her kindness and patience. You are living a meaningful life. You will probably be remembered by your students forever as I remember Miss Bryant. That is immortality m'dear and you will probably never know how much good you did for them. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday m'dear! :)
      November 16, 2017 2:02 AM MST

Telling you what my secret agenda is would seriously jeopardize it.
      November 15, 2017 8:33 PM MST

You mean like if you tell folks what you wish it won't come true? I see. Okay. Fair enough. Thank you for your reply JakobA and Happy Thursday.
      November 16, 2017 1:57 AM MST