Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » Don't you hate it when your nail breaks way down in the pink?

Don't you hate it when your nail breaks way down in the pink?

That happened to my thumb nail and now I have to wait for it to grow out to fix it. In the meantime I have to be extra special careful with it because sometimes it catches on things and tears a little more. Ouch!
Perhaps I should keep my nails a little shorter so this doesn't happen so often. I'm often lifting heavy things at work and it's probably not such a good idea to keep my fabulous nails so long.

Posted - November 16, 2017

Responses

• In those times the only thing you can do is grab the jagged hang nail piec and rip it fast. Hurt like the bejeebus but at least then it's over and no more catching.
      November 16, 2017 5:48 AM MST

I want to do that, but I just can't muster up the courage.
      November 16, 2017 6:08 AM MST

• I kinda know what you mean.   We all turn puss when it comes to teeth and nails.
    You know you got to do it.  You want to do it. Start sweating  little bullets and bite your lip .....  Ah c hit can't do it.
      November 16, 2017 6:10 AM MST

I have to keep mine short because they are liable to crack; as soon they catch I cut back so they don't tear any further. I've asked lassies at the nail bar, but they just think it's a giggle. 

Also my cuticles can tear all the way down too.  

November 16, 2017 6:00 AM MST

Clip it as far as you can
    then put a bandaid around it
    to stop the hangups.
      November 16, 2017 6:37 AM MST

I love when it happens...especially when it bleeds. 'Tis but a scratch.
      November 16, 2017 6:50 AM MST

I am the biggest wimpy wizardress in the universe.  To answer your question, Yes.
    I just cut my ring finger very deeply right on the nail in an upward cut.  It took off a chunk of my finger and the nail.  It hurts.  I feel for you.  As my nail is growing back, it doesn't look like it will ever be the same. 
    I suck at self-inflicted pain even when it helps it to heal back quickly.
      November 16, 2017 12:16 PM MST