Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What the fukc went wrong, why is no one listening, for over 100 years we have clearly documented the futility of carnage but still we do it.

What the fukc went wrong, why is no one listening, for over 100 years we have clearly documented the futility of carnage but still we do it.

Can this sh1t really be for your god???

Posted - November 17, 2017

Responses

If you don't want to engage in carnage then don't engage in it.  Many people believe that God is the source of all morality and in trying to live moral and upright lives they can take it to extremes by demonizing and then dehumanizing anyone who does not believe as they do.  Which can result in more carnage. 
      November 17, 2017 5:19 AM MST

Many people---can you list some organized groups who hold that way of thinking?  I'm curious.
      November 17, 2017 4:16 PM MST

What about Islamic terrorist and the NAZI's and all the various organizations that bought in to and followed Hitlers idealogies? This post was edited by texasescimo at November 20, 2017 4:04 PM MST
      November 20, 2017 2:48 PM MST

If you mean the god of the bible, then just about anyone is more moral than that character.
      November 17, 2017 12:55 PM MST

How do you develop a standard by which to judge the morality of the god of the bible?
      November 17, 2017 4:14 PM MST

• By the claimed thinking and actions of the zero-evidence being referred to by Jehova, Lord, and God
      November 17, 2017 4:35 PM MST

Frankly, I don't understand your statement.  How about an example?  One will do.
      November 17, 2017 4:54 PM MST

• He loves you and is full of forgiveness until you piss him off following the human nature he created.
      November 17, 2017 5:04 PM MST

Sounds just like a good human father who loves his children.  That's not a very good example.
      November 19, 2017 4:04 PM MST

I assume that you also have a 'standard' by which you judge moral behaviour, if that is the case then please provide some examples of what you consider to be moral actions committed by this so called god. 
      November 17, 2017 5:11 PM MST

"over 100 years"?  What event are you starting that timeline with?
    Seems to me, we have over 5,000 years of evidence if you use the Hindu calendar.
      November 17, 2017 2:20 PM MST

While I agree that there are thousands of years of documented evidence, I was taking my time line from the first world war era where actual footage is available for all to see, not just the ones who were actually there.
      November 17, 2017 3:53 PM MST

• If a bomb drops and everyone  vaporized at the speed of light. Does it make a sound?
      November 17, 2017 2:27 PM MST

Does it matter?
      November 17, 2017 2:30 PM MST

• As much, or as little, as anything else.
      November 17, 2017 2:40 PM MST

That depends on where it's dropped.
    No atmosphere = no sound.
      November 17, 2017 2:39 PM MST

Q "What the fukc went wrong, why is no one listening, for over 100 years we have clearly documented the futility of carnage but still we do it.
    Can this sh1t really be for your god???"

I'm not sure if God played any part in, or was used as the reason for, much of the awful carnage you allude to and the accompanying sheer waste of life and resources. Humanity has advanced so much in many fields but is unfortunately still very primitive when it comes to how to get what it wants. We have put man on the moon but haven't advanced even one tiny step from using mindless violence to get our way. In fact, irony of ironies, we use the best of our advances in science and technology to produce sophisticated billion dollar weaponry to make sure that we can carry on getting our way through the use of ruthless violence. Less than half of what we spend in carnage producing weaponry could wipe out world poverty for good.

We're all the pawns in these awful games for those sitting in control in their ivory towers, who know that THEY will be whisked away to safety at any cost should there ever be any danger to THEIR lives. This insanity will continue until we collectively refuse to be used like this any more.

November 19, 2017 3:13 PM MST