Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Are you also in a flashback mode recollecting how you were se**ally exploited at age 16?

Are you also in a flashback mode recollecting how you were se**ally exploited at age 16?

Posted - November 17, 2017

Responses

• Nope.    I can recollect being 16 gazing at Ms. Ford during class  and wishing, hoping , and dreaming she would sexually exploit me during detention or study hall.
      November 17, 2017 8:30 PM MST

I wasn't exploited until I was 20. 
      November 17, 2017 9:51 PM MST

Are you feeling bad about the delay;))
      November 17, 2017 10:54 PM MST

I thank Ms.Ford for saving you;))
      November 17, 2017 10:52 PM MST

• I  don't.
      November 17, 2017 11:04 PM MST

I won't change my comment, I still thank her;))
      November 17, 2017 11:08 PM MST

• SHe was so hot though
      November 17, 2017 11:12 PM MST

Maybe you should approach her now, as you are older, does she own Ford cars;))
      November 17, 2017 11:15 PM MST

• She's probably got grand kids now.  Plus it wouldn't be as exciting now as it would have  then. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 17, 2017 11:38 PM MST
      November 17, 2017 11:25 PM MST

Ha ha ha maybe her grand kid is as good looking as her, one should never lose hope dear;))
      November 17, 2017 11:40 PM MST

It's not something that just emerges, Veena. It's something that sticks with you and haunts you every day of your life. I talk openly about my own history here, and I always have, but I wouldn't do so in circles of people who know me in real life. During the daily grind, I am generally just fine. I can go days or weeks without something reminding me. But, this week has been an emotionally-draining week for me, and although I'm normally composed, I wasn't prepared to hear Keith Urban's new song on the radio as I drove home tonight. It just so happened that I flipped on the station just before the line: "When somebody laughs and implies that she asked for it, just cause she was wearing a skirt, now is that how it works?" It was like someone flipped a switch in me. I just started bawling in the car. Unprovoked. Out of the blue. That's what being victimized at a young age does to you.

One of the reasons why I speak out about sexual assault here is to help other victims. Women who have been assaulted are often blamed and have to deal with improperly placed shame. When the person who did it is in a position of authority, it can also destroy your trust in others. Voices need to be heard to help these women know that they're not alone and they have nothing to be afraid of or ashamed of. Sexual predators should be afraid. Now, there is safety in numbers, and more women are talking. That's a good thing. Awareness and holding predators accountable is the only thing that will stop it. Why now? Because the women are done being victims and they're taking back the power that was stolen from them. Maybe we should ask, "Why not sooner?' 

November 17, 2017 10:37 PM MST

Hi JA...I do know that you have shared with us here on AM; about the assault on you when you were very young! So, yes, I understand now the seriousness of the Issue! From past few weeks, every one seems to be in a rush to disclose their sensational past to the Media. Naturally, I found it too exaggerated and umm craving for sensationalism. Thank you for projecting your viewpoint. I now understand that one must see both sides of a coin!
      November 17, 2017 10:50 PM MST

Well, since we are all blubbering about childhood hurts, I will admit that my mother never held me, and she once told me I was an accident. I took care of her for the last six years of her life and when her friends said how happy she must be to have a son at home, she told them no, she didn't care. And then she came home and told me about it! I grew up in a border town where everybody hated kids. The kids even hated each other. My father seldom came home, and couldn't remember my name. He referred to his family as "the d*m kids". It has taken me a lifetime to learn a few social skills, mostly by watching movies, but I never learned how to find a friend. I only had one, and I haven't seen him in fifty years. I got into a church just because the people seemed to be friends with each other. I eventually realized that was an act they put on for that purpose. I haven't seen any other church where they even bother to put on an act. 

Which is worse, abused or rejected?
      November 18, 2017 6:20 AM MST

I dunno....abused is worse ....sigh...that's pathetic;((
      November 23, 2017 12:57 PM MST

hahaha
    At 16 had no desires for sex
    no one ever molested me
    and all I wanted to do was play Guitar.
      November 18, 2017 8:03 AM MST

You were always so goody goody Baba;)) 
      November 23, 2017 12:58 PM MST