Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Business » Some earn a living criticizing the works of others. Books/movies/theater et al. What would you like to earn your living criticizing? Why?

Some earn a living criticizing the works of others. Books/movies/theater et al. What would you like to earn your living criticizing? Why?

Posted - November 19, 2017

Responses

Food. Why? Free food.
      November 19, 2017 7:22 AM MST

That is a BRILLIANT choice Ele! As a Foodie I'd LOVE to be a restaurant critic as well. A great review can make a restaurant and a bad one can close it down so the reviewers wield a lot of power. But trying out all the different foods ALL OVER THE WORLD would be so much fun! I wonder how long it would take to dine at all of the great restaurants?  Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :) I mean if you think about it you would be doing a great service to others to report your findings. You'd be the brave person to locate the landmines and warn others to stay away. I wonder if there is a Nobel prize for that?
      November 25, 2017 2:38 AM MST

Andrew Zimmern has the best job in the world.
      November 25, 2017 6:47 AM MST

• Not liking "critizising" anything or anyone, I am more of a Review girl. Ergo: no money made by critizing, but plenty of silently critizising the Pharmaceutical Industry and their education of doctors to forget the oath of Hippocrates. Sorry for straying a little from your question, Rosie.

November 23, 2017 11:19 AM MST

Politicians. There is a lifetime of wrongdoing one can criticize 24/7 365 days a year about politicians, politics, partisan anything. No apologies necessary Whitehair. I invite you to say whatever is on your mind when you reply to a question. If I don't understand it I will always ask for clarification! There are schemers and scammers and scumbags in all professions. Some professions just seem to attract more of them than others. I think I'm gonna ask that question! Hope your Thanksgiving Holiday was great. Thank you for your reply and Happy American Black Friday Whitehair! ;)
      November 24, 2017 2:04 AM MST

• Thank you with a couple of hugs, Rosie! Thanks fo asking about the holiday. It was great, I like the quiet togetherness with my hubby. I do not care a bit about Black Friday, though. We only have the resources to buy what we urgently need to buy anytime. I hate to buy when there is a big croud/traffic anywhere. The older I get the more i love to be at home.
      November 24, 2017 1:47 PM MST

Ditto my friend. I could have written the above word for word so we're certainly on the same page with that sentiment.  Hope 2018 is much better for we the people. When things are good for some it's at the expense of things being good for others though. Everyone can't be happy at the same time. I choose us! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday Whitehair! :)
      November 25, 2017 2:33 AM MST

• Thank you, Rosie. Have a nice weekend! Life would not function right without Yin and Yang , without going downhill eventually when one is up on the top - and after a downpour the sun will shine again - - at least here in Florida - haha.
      November 25, 2017 7:43 AM MST

You're welcome Whitehair. I have never been to Florida! When I lived in Massachusetts an across-the-hall neighbor and her family moved to Florida. The first message/mail I got from her was a package with a note enclosed. It was a roll of "No Bugs M'Lady". What you put down on the shelves. She said I wouldn't believe all the bugs they had down there! She said it was supposedly humid from April through October. She wasn't a fan. On the other hand my sister and ex-brother-in-law lived there for about six months decades ago and she LOVED it! Different strokes! California heat is drier so it  doesn't seem as oppressive. That's what they say! But when it's 115 in Hemet it doesn't matter much! Thank goodness for air conditioning! Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday m'dear! :)
      November 26, 2017 5:25 AM MST

• Thank you, Rosie. Have a wonderful Sunday, too! We lived in southern Arizona and had at times 115 degr.F and 2% humidity. That feels like baking in a big oven. I couldn't go a few meters from our trailer to the mail boxes! Almost the same in southern California. We have traveled and lived in all states except in 5 New England states and chose Florida to settle down. We love the sun and the warmth.
      November 26, 2017 8:23 AM MST

You're welcome Whitehair. Happy Monday. Yes southern Arizona is definitely worse than Hemet weatherwise. We lived in Massachusetts for 5 years. My son was born there. It was beautiful in the Autumn.  Winter was beautiful too unless we had n'oreasters or black ice or record snow. In the summer they sprayed for bugs. Didn't like that much. In the winter/spring they put salt down on the roads to melt the ice which caused the undercarriage of cars to rust. Didn't like that much. The people were super swell!  You can always tell an east coast car. RUST! Thank you for your reply sweetie!  :)
      November 27, 2017 4:40 AM MST

• We lived 16 years in northeast Pennsylvania and my car died of rust also We had tons of snow each winter. 
      November 27, 2017 7:41 AM MST