Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » Why do we chow down on turkey, is it the most suitable choice for thanksgiving?

Why do we chow down on turkey, is it the most suitable choice for thanksgiving?

Posted - November 20, 2017

Responses

• It so delicious and one bird feeds an army.
      November 20, 2017 7:58 PM MST

Do you think Bulls should be put to death for sport because it entertains people?

Same for turkeys.  Yes, many parts of the earth need to consider anything that is obtainable, a food source.   I would rather MUCH rather get used to eating insects that are food sources than eat a cow or chicken or turkey.

I'm all for eating insects and getting used to it.  I think it could stop world hunger since no one even cares to charge money for them and they can be found everywhere.

Now I never ATE one.  But I am open-minded.   I would rather eat insects for the rest of my life than be responsible for the death of any animal because I want a hamburger or a nice bird on my plate for Thanksgiving.

Thank you, God, for letting me experience a turkey.  I love what the bird has taught me.  It is a spirit animal to the Indians in this country.    It serves as a model, not something to be shot at, eaten and discarded.

The Turkey is a spirit animal closely associated with honoring nature and the Earth. Symbol of abundance, this totem animal encourages us to honor our sources of nourishment, whether they are physical, emotional or spiritual. The turkey reminds us to develop a harmonious relationship with the land and our environment and consider them as foundations to our well-being and sustenance. The Turkey totem is a powerful guide to unlocking the fullness of life and feeling content with what we have instead of accumulating material belongings to seek happiness.
    Turkey Symbolism

The symbolism of the Turkey focuses on the connection with the Earth and the abundance it provides. Generally, it symbolizes:

Abundance
    Connection with the spirit of the land, with Mother Earth
    Blessings from the Earth
    Forms of nourishment in our life
    Harvesting the fruits of your efforts and your work
    Importance of community
    Generosity, sharing
    Having enough in our life, satisfaction

The Turkey spirit animal and the connection with the Earth

The Turkey has long been associated with the connection to the Earth and its blessings. This spirit animal reminds us of the importance of our relationship with the land and nature as a reciprocal source of nourishment and sustenance. In order to receive the land’s blessings, we also need to honor the land.

The Turkey totem conveys the spiritual connection with the Earth and reminds us the interconnectedness of our existence and our natural and social environment.
    One more thing... Restoring the power of your chakras is about how you can take back control of your health and wellness by learning to work with energy.

This is life-changing material.

You can use Energy Medicine to...

Lessen aches, pains, illness, and disease
    Create deeper happiness, satisfaction, and contentment
    Increase focus, clarity, and productivity
    Renew balance, health, harmony, and well-being

You'll see what we mean when you join this new Masterclass with energy healer Donna Eden. You can use what you'll learn in this class to... heal yourself, create happiness, look good, and improve longevity. And all it takes is a few simple non-invasive hand gestures!

Click here to register for FREE. https://www.chakras.info/go/energy-medicine/
    The Turkey, a symbol of abundance

The Turkey has traditionally been associated with the spirit of giving and abundance, especially in North America. In the modern American culture, the Turkey is an important part of Thanksgiving Day. Originally, this day commemorates the pilgrim’s first harvest during which four turkeys were eaten. Nowadays, food is shared in celebration of gratitude and community.

In the traditional Native American culture, some tribes used to give turkeys as giveaway presents to other tribes.

Turkey Spirit Animal
    The spirit of the Turkey and the importance of honoring feminine energies

Because the turkey is closely associated with the spirit of the Earth, it is also symbolic of feminine energies at work in our lives. This animal has been revered in ancient traditions as a symbol of fertility and abundance.

The turkey is a useful guide to unlocking the fullness of life. It invites those who have it as totem to cultivate the balance between giving and receiving and find contentment in what they have.
    Turkey totem, community, and sharing

The spirit of the Turkey totem puts an emphasis on community and the importance of sharing and generosity. The wisdom of this spirit animal is about paying attention to the people who are part of our life, whether it’s our family members, coworkers, classmates, or society at large.

When the turkey shows up as a spirit guide, it encourages us to see beyond our immediate personal needs and foster a sustainable relationship with others. Those who have the turkey as a power animal or totem may be inclined to be generous and giving without expecting anything in return.

Dreaming About The Turkey

The turkey being a sign of abundance can bring the message that more abundance in your life is on the way. You’ve been working hard and life’s rewards are coming. If the turkey is flying, it may mean a sudden rise in your position. If there is a group of turkeys, you may soon be rising in social status.
    Do you want more abundance and success in your life? Your personal vibration frequency could be the thing holding you back. To start raising your energetic frequency today, you’ll want to download the Energetic Breakthrough Kit from Christie Sheldon. This proven method includes a few things but most of all check out the heart center awakening meditation! Click here to get your free energetic breakthrough kit.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 20, 2017 8:56 PM MST
      November 20, 2017 8:25 PM MST

• BLACK FLIES MATTER
      November 20, 2017 8:26 PM MST

So does Charles Manson.   (now he looks Latino)   Trump is right.  All rapists.  This prooves it.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 20, 2017 8:56 PM MST
      November 20, 2017 8:32 PM MST

• You're right he does.  Put a camo cap on him and you have  a Castro doppleganger This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 20, 2017 9:01 PM MST
      November 20, 2017 8:37 PM MST

Charlie hails from W. Virginia.
      November 20, 2017 10:31 PM MST

• I don't care that muchfor the turkey... I like the bread stuffing though.. I don't like that you are getting thanksgiving  soon and I get NOTHING. This is not okay.
      November 20, 2017 9:02 PM MST

Turkeys are native to the Americas, there are no wild Turkeys in Europe or Asia. So for an uniquely American celebration like Thanksgiving Turkey was the obvious choice.
      November 20, 2017 9:15 PM MST

We decided last night to have ribeyes and lobster and leave the turkey in the freezer.     It will be the first time I look forward to the meat on the TG plate.  I just don't like turkey very much.  The breast made into turkey salad is my favorite way to eat it.  I always love all the vegetables and casseroles though.
      November 21, 2017 6:42 AM MST

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-do-we-eat-turkey-at-thanksgiving/
      November 21, 2017 9:48 AM MST