Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do you think that Adam and Eve were of the same ethnicity? If so, why? If not, why not? ~

Do you think that Adam and Eve were of the same ethnicity? If so, why? If not, why not? ~

Posted - November 21, 2017

Responses

Given that there is absolutely nothing to say it is not a fairy story, they can be any ethnicity that you want them to be. 

November 21, 2017 3:30 AM MST

Who can describe it better that that....fairy stories are nothing but nonsense to control the weak ...
      November 21, 2017 5:33 AM MST

Legend has it that they shared the same DNA, so yes.
      November 21, 2017 5:18 AM MST

• "With the same Father, same DNA and no Mother ... it's likely they were the same ethnicity."

November 21, 2017 5:26 AM MST

No wonder Incest is so rife if people believe in Adam and Eve .....didn't god know that inbreeding produces genetic mutations......maybe that's why the world revolves around violence and hatred ....religion is evil as its goal is to brainwash and control all that are gullible ...
      November 21, 2017 5:40 AM MST

• Thanks for accepting my friend request! I still like your profile pic - nice foot!! Your answer here makes sense, like it. Karin.
      November 22, 2017 6:30 PM MST

Thank you Katin an Hi....lol

We all had a very strict common sense upbringing as kids....we were not allowed to be taught to be indoctrinated with any ole nonsense when we went to school ....
    Its 2017 now and religion still controls the minds of countless billions of people around the world.....
    In so many societies it still means death if you don't believe.....

All because of some imagery violent idol....

How sad is the human race .

Hope you're well .......N.J...xxx
      November 24, 2017 2:25 AM MST

• Thanks, NJ. I agree with your post totally. Religion is the reason for NO peace on earth. You certainly know the song from John Lennon "Imagine". Thank you also for asking of my status. I had breast cancer in 2015 and had bilateral mastectomy. I never shed a tear about it and went on with my life. Thinking positive means avoiding negativity which is a waste of energy. I still have my hubby of 60 years and live in heavenly Florida for good now. We stopped traveling in 2015. Some age related pains do not stop me from enjoying life, as long as it will be going on. I am 82. 
      November 24, 2017 12:49 PM MST

So sorry to hear your news.........you have a wonderful attitude to your ailments though.......for what ever they are they are ours to deal with as best we can .....felling sorry for ones self helps no one......
    I'm sure your way dealing with it helped to hear far quicker.....

My auto correct seemed to have changed your name as I typed.....lol...

November 25, 2017 2:27 PM MST

• Right, NJ. Thanks - and no "sorries", all is fine.
      November 25, 2017 4:47 PM MST

Hello Whitehair. I can appreciate your sentiments towards at least most religions knowing you were from WWII Germany and most religions in Germany supported Hitler. But wasn't Russia atheistic when they mercilessly mistreated German civilians such as yourself? (Assuming you are the same Whitehair from answerbag and I have my memory in tact, please forgive me if I error)
      November 25, 2017 4:18 PM MST

• Hi, texasescimo, I am the one you remember. At first:  My deistic or atheistic views have nothing to do with World War II . After that I was confirmated in church, I married in church, and was singing in the choir there. Our kids were christened also. When I was about 40 years I read the entire bible and was appalled and sick to my stomach for a long time. I started to read about other religions, philosophy, etc. , icluding Mythology, Occultismus. I read about 49 books about it all. Since then I quit church. I like so many religions, that I cannot even choose. Pantheist? Deist?Taoist? But I would never be a member of any religion. I want to feel free -   I tear up when I read essays written by Native American Indians or sentiments written by the Dalai Lama. Enjoying nature  is my favorite. And I tell others that Nature is my church. I myself am responsible for my deeds, and I am very happy. I do not expect you to understand my insights, and I generally stay away from political discussions and from religious discussions.  Namaste!
      November 25, 2017 5:26 PM MST

I was more commenting on: "Religion is the reason for NO peace on earth" rather than on your atheistic views as the comment I was addressing didn't just say that you were atheist so I wasn't trying to say why you were atheist. Sorry for the confusion.

I was thinking that atheistic regimes that I am aware of were not much more peaceful than religious regimes. Religion is not the problem although many if not most religions do not seem to help the matter. For example, not every religion supported Hitler as seen by the purple triangles in concentration camps.
      November 26, 2017 7:04 AM MST

• texasescimo - thanks for the post exchange, but I will follow from now on my resolution NOT to respond to those posts which change my blood pressure and heart rate. Not only soldiers have post-traumatic syndrom after they come home from a battlefield.. Have a good Sunday.
      November 26, 2017 8:13 AM MST

Nature and evolution has a hand in everything that occurs on this and the countless trillions of other planets out there .......
    Mythalogical nonsense just kerps people's heads buried  in the sand leaving them all exposed  and vulnerable to those that wish to manipulate them....

I empathize with the native Indian of North America.... They took enough to eat and service and never polluted their environment.....
      November 26, 2017 11:05 AM MST

They were before humanity split up into races. 
      November 21, 2017 6:00 AM MST

And after that, they were not?

:|
      November 21, 2017 6:20 AM MST

The splits started with Cain and Abel. 
      November 21, 2017 6:25 AM MST

Once again, are you saying that at one point, Adam and Eve shared the same ethnicity, then once their sons were born, Adam and Eve (not Cain, not Abel) no longer shared the same ethnicity?

November 21, 2017 6:29 AM MST

Well, there are differing traditions, even within the Bible itself, but essentially Adam and Eve present the human race as having a common origin regardless of ethnicity. As the Scottish saying has it, "we're a' Jock Tamson's bairns".

Biblical figures in subsequent generations are taken to represent splits into races, nations and tribes. The process may have had a reset at the time of Noah and his ark or the decisive split may have occurred at the tower of Babel, take it as you may. 
    This post was edited by Malizz at November 21, 2017 7:55 AM MST
      November 21, 2017 7:26 AM MST

Likely the same, both multiracial, as she was said to be bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh.
    Genesis 2:23 Then the man said:
    “This is at last bone of my bones
    And flesh of my flesh.
    This one will be called Woman,
    Because from man she was taken

A few quotes, one from a book and another from someone on the internet:

,[..Professor Ruth Benedict and Dr. Gene Weltfish observe in the publication The Races of Mankind: “The Bible story of Adam and Eve, father and mother of the whole human race, told centuries ago the same truth that science has shown today: that all the peoples of the earth are a single family and have a common origin.”]

[... if Jehovah put in Adam's and Eve's DNA a wide variety of fenotypes, those would be manifested in their children and their grandchildren creating all the variety of races we see now. It's the same as if Adam and Eve had had different ascendants from all different races. This scriptural idea is confirmed by science: all humans living today come from a common ancestor (or rather a common ancestor couple) despite all racial differences.

Why do people in an area typically have the same racial features? Because in isolated areas, after a number of generations, the population's gene pool tends to be similar. They all shared similar genes, so their children had similar features....]

November 21, 2017 6:46 AM MST

Common origin...Hmm.

November 21, 2017 7:58 AM MST

If you would like to dig a little further, you may have to copy the link and remove the s after http as answermug often makes it https

These links give some opinions of some scientist:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102010343?q=%22how+did+life+begin%22&p=par
     How did life begin?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102010344?q=%22the+origin+of+life%22&p=par Is any form of life really simple?

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/The-Origin-of-Life-Five-Questions-Worth-Asking/ The Origin of Life—Five Questions Worth Asking

November 21, 2017 12:31 PM MST

• Not only the same ethnicity, they were genetically family members.   They  were technically inbreeding when they got it on..
      November 21, 2017 8:35 AM MST