Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do you think that Adam and Eve were of the same ethnicity? If so, why? If not, why not? ~

Do you think that Adam and Eve were of the same ethnicity? If so, why? If not, why not? ~

Posted - November 21, 2017

Responses

If you believe the Bible, I would think that you would believe that they were closer to perfection and less apt to pass own genetic imperfections that developed after the fall. If you believe in evolution and everything having a common ancestor, wouldn't that be inbreeding as well, although with eventually producing ancestors like a flea, a platypus, and a blue whale? This post was edited by texasescimo at November 21, 2017 1:43 PM MST
      November 21, 2017 8:58 AM MST

• `You have no idea how the current or any theories of evolution actually work do you?  

If you believe in the Bible then you would know it never states any level of perfection in Adam and Eve. Only that they were his favorite creations. Probably becaue he play Sado-daddy and punish them after watching that hot incest sex.
      November 21, 2017 1:47 PM MST

I really don't understand why so many like yourself have to speak condescending so often. If as most claim that they at one time were believers and therefore have studied both sides of the fence, I would think that a little less hatefulness would be warranted. 

So you don't believe like Darwin? Do you agree with these scientist:
    [In recent years, scientists have been able to compare the genetic codes of dozens of different single-celled organisms as well as those of plants and animals. They assumed that such comparisons would confirm the branching “tree of life” proposed by Darwin. However, this has not been the case.

What has the research uncovered? In 1999 biologist Malcolm S. Gordon wrote: “Life appears to have had many origins. The base of the universal tree of life appears not to have been a single root.” Is there evidence that all the major branches of life are connected to a single trunk, as Darwin believed? Gordon continues: “The traditional version of the theory of common descent apparently does not apply to kingdoms as presently recognized. It probably does not apply to many, if not all, phyla, and possibly also not to many classes within the phyla.”29*

Recent research continues to contradict Darwin’s theory of common descent. For example, in 2009 an article in New Scientist magazine quoted evolutionary scientist Eric Bapteste as saying: “We have no evidence at all that the tree of life is a reality.”30 The same article quotes evolutionary biologist Michael Rose as saying: “The tree of life is being politely buried, we all know that. What’s less accepted is that our whole fundamental view of biology needs to change.”31*

29. Biology and Philosophy, “The Concept of Monophyly: A Speculative Essay,” by Malcolm S. Gordon, 1999, p. 335.

30. New Scientist, “Uprooting Darwin’s Tree,” by Graham Lawton, January 24, 2009, p. 34.

31. New Scientist, January 24, 2009, pp. 37, 39.]

From reading the scriptures, I believe that Adam and Eve were created as perfect humans, not as perfect angels but as perfect humans.

(Ecclesiastes 7:29) This alone I have found: The true God made mankind upright, but they have sought out many schemes.”
    (Genesis 1:31) After that God saw everything he had made, and look! it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.
    (Deuteronomy 32:4, 5) The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness who is never unjust; Righteous and upright is he.  5 They are the ones who have acted corruptly. They are not his children, the defect is their own. They are a crooked and twisted generation!
    (Isaiah 43:27) Your first forefather sinned, And your own spokesmen have rebelled against me.

Back to "You have no idea how the current or any theories of evolution actually work do you? "
    Another angry atheist chastised me a while back for not accepting Darwin's theories as the most accurate.
    As different atheist seem to believe different theories about evolution, why don't you kindly tell me your view? 
      November 21, 2017 2:22 PM MST

• Nobodies angry or being hostile on this side dude.

You're arguing about Darwin's theory of common descent but the broader theory of evolution does not depend on that.  Theories evolve, that's why they are theories.   Y'all creationist cherry pick evolution and then say " See this common ancestor theory is wrong, so evolution is proven false"
      November 21, 2017 2:27 PM MST

Can you please answer my questions? You're putting words in my mouth. My questions to you are as an individual. 
    I'll repost:

So you don't believe like Darwin? Do you agree with these scientist:
    [In recent years, scientists have been able to compare the genetic codes of dozens of different single-celled organisms as well as those of plants and animals. They assumed that such comparisons would confirm the branching “tree of life” proposed by Darwin. However, this has not been the case.

What has the research uncovered? In 1999 biologist Malcolm S. Gordon wrote: “Life appears to have had many origins. The base of the universal tree of life appears not to have been a single root.” Is there evidence that all the major branches of life are connected to a single trunk, as Darwin believed? Gordon continues: “The traditional version of the theory of common descent apparently does not apply to kingdoms as presently recognized. It probably does not apply to many, if not all, phyla, and possibly also not to many classes within the phyla.”29*

Recent research continues to contradict Darwin’s theory of common descent. For example, in 2009 an article in New Scientist magazine quoted evolutionary scientist Eric Bapteste as saying: “We have no evidence at all that the tree of life is a reality.”30 The same article quotes evolutionary biologist Michael Rose as saying: “The tree of life is being politely buried, we all know that. What’s less accepted is that our whole fundamental view of biology needs to change.”31*

29. Biology and Philosophy, “The Concept of Monophyly: A Speculative Essay,” by Malcolm S. Gordon, 1999, p. 335.

30. New Scientist, “Uprooting Darwin’s Tree,” by Graham Lawton, January 24, 2009, p. 34.

31. New Scientist, January 24, 2009, pp. 37, 39.]

From reading the scriptures, I believe that Adam and Eve were created as perfect humans, not as perfect angels but as perfect humans.

(Ecclesiastes 7:29) This alone I have found: The true God made mankind upright, but they have sought out many schemes.”
    (Genesis 1:31) After that God saw everything he had made, and look! it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.
    (Deuteronomy 32:4, 5) The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness who is never unjust; Righteous and upright is he.  5 They are the ones who have acted corruptly. They are not his children, the defect is their own. They are a crooked and twisted generation!
    (Isaiah 43:27) Your first forefather sinned, And your own spokesmen have rebelled against me.

Back to "You have no idea how the current or any theories of evolution actually work do you? "
    Another angry atheist chastised me a while back for not accepting Darwin's theories as the most accurate.
    As different atheist seem to believe different theories about evolution, why don't you kindly tell me your view?

EDIT: 
    https://www.darwinwasright.org/common_descent.html
    In evolutionary biology, a group of organisms share common descent if they have a common ancestor. There is strong quantitative support for the theory that all living organisms on Earth are descended from a common ancestor.

This post was edited by texasescimo at November 21, 2017 2:48 PM MST
      November 21, 2017 2:32 PM MST

• Well maybe if you didn't try and overwhelm the convo with as amny questions and words as you possibly can at once
    Do I believe Darwin set the roots for the most logical and evidence based theory of life we have yet to see?  Yes, it's unquestionable.
    Do I believe that his original hypothesis was complete or free of errors? No, it's unquestionable

Does a lack of evidence or a disproval of one theory or any part of one lend proof to another theory? No
      November 21, 2017 2:45 PM MST

Sorry, I that's as clear as mud to me.

Wasn't trying to overwhelm the convo, basically 3 questions:
    1) So you don't believe like Darwin?
    2) Do you agree with these scientist:
    3) As different atheist seem to believe different theories about evolution, why don't you kindly tell me your view?
      November 21, 2017 3:05 PM MST

Never thought about it.

I think the more important question is "did they have "belly buttons'?"
      November 21, 2017 9:13 AM MST

• Very intelligent answer! Begs the question: Who was first, the chicken or the egg....
      November 24, 2017 4:44 PM MST

Chicken. 
      November 24, 2017 7:12 PM MST

• I think so too - thanks!
      November 24, 2017 7:34 PM MST

I believe that Adam and Eve  and that story, was an actual reality but not on this physical plane.  I think they were the first descendants down from a higher spiritual level we shared with angels.

As I see it, there is a High Spiritual plane.   Beneath that is the etheric.  Then the astral.   Now Adam and Eve were beings from the High Astral plane or even the etheric.  They were not in full physical form.

They were definitely archetypes for mankind.

I believe that thoughts are things.  I believe this was formed in our group consciousness, this story of the first man and woman.  I believe all beings who aspire to the great beyond have some form of this story world wide and also throughout history over and over.

Did they exist on this plane, the Earth plane?   I do not believe that would be any more possible than Noah building an Arc and housing 2 of everything on earth.  Yeah, sure.

So we gradually devolved.  We became denser.  Grosser.  More physical.   Here we are now.  Greed, desire, lust, envy, all that good stuff attracted us to ego and the devil and farther away from the Father and Mother.

OH YEAH, I almost forgot to answer the question.  But how could they be bothered with that issue since they were not in the physical anyway?  There may have been a point where the gender thing became manifest, I'll buy that, but I doubt if they were created with gender identification either.  Especially since there is no time after death, how can we even be created?  We always were. 

Trippy

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 24, 2017 12:53 PM MST
      November 21, 2017 1:55 PM MST

• Sharonna - I certainly chose the friends I have many things in common, like longer answers, trying to make sense, questioning the "holy book" and being kind and polite. I read about 40 books about all religions on earth, I read about what you wrote here, too. Thanks!! You are not full of Bologna, you are full of wisdom, which seems to be the same for some people.
      November 24, 2017 1:00 PM MST

I did the same reading on religions.  How nice to know you and I share that knowledge.  It will be interesting to exchange what we find "interesting". 

You are a dear and a sweetheart.  So glad you like to talk to me a little.
      November 24, 2017 4:15 PM MST

• Thank you, Sharonna.  Whatever I read or learn via internet, nothing is written in stone, it is only there to dip a little deeper into questions how the world turns. The following website is still my favorite with all the newer updates :  https://www.davidpratt.info/
      November 24, 2017 4:24 PM MST

• The Bible never mentions it. Adam was created from the dust of the ground and Eve was created from Adam so in that particular time frame, and considering that they were the only humans on earth, ethnicity was never a topic or an issue. To be frank, I just never gave it much thought beyond that point.
      November 21, 2017 4:21 PM MST

Yes.
      November 21, 2017 7:13 PM MST

It all depends on Adam's rib. Was it barbecued before Eve was made.  *har *har This post was edited by Sunshine at November 24, 2017 1:00 PM MST
      November 21, 2017 7:53 PM MST