Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » When you die what do you want the cause to be? Excluding old age because isn't that what everyone wants?

When you die what do you want the cause to be? Excluding old age because isn't that what everyone wants?

Posted - November 21, 2017

Responses

to vanish without suffering, like if you disappear. 

i also wonder where do we go after death.... 
      November 21, 2017 10:45 AM MST

Most people go into a hole in the ground or a cremation oven.
      November 21, 2017 7:06 PM MST

My dad passed away while he was taking his usual afternoon nap franc. He was smiling. That's how I'd like to die. So gently. I guess we will find out. That's something no one can tell us. Thank you for your repl franc and Happy Wednesday!:)
      November 22, 2017 2:06 AM MST

I'd like to be in a plane that crashes into a tower: instant painless death and no worry about funeral expenses.  This post was edited by Kittigate at November 22, 2017 2:06 AM MST
      November 21, 2017 11:06 AM MST

So you're hoping for another terrorist attack like those on 9/11/01? Nice of you.
      November 21, 2017 7:07 PM MST

I didn't say that.
      November 21, 2017 8:02 PM MST

You didn't have to say it. How else do you think such a thing could happen?
      November 21, 2017 9:12 PM MST

You got fog in your brain.  Like I am expecting a plane to crash into a tower, maybe a mountain or the ocean or anything to cause instant painless death.  I just happened first thing to think of a tower. 
    Get it through your thick skull I am not hoping for another terrorist attack. This post was edited by Kittigate at November 21, 2017 9:32 PM MST
      November 21, 2017 9:25 PM MST

You just happened to first think of a tower, but you apparently didn't think much beyond that. It's not at all clear that I'm the one with a thick skull, which was a nasty thing for you to say in the first place.
      November 21, 2017 10:25 PM MST

Ok don't make a mountain out of a molehill! 
      November 21, 2017 10:37 PM MST

My dad passed away in his sleep during his daily nap Kittigate. He was smiling so maybe he was dreaming something swell. I've always felt that was such a gentle way to pass away. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :) I have thought that somehow he was rewarded for being such a good person. No suffering. No lingering on while your loved ones are in pain watching.  I'd love to pass away that way but I'm not nearly as good or kind as my dad was.  He wasn't perfect but he was as close to it as anyone I've ever known. A very kind and gentle man. You know he passed away in January 1960 and I still miss him! :)
      November 22, 2017 2:10 AM MST

• Hey RosieG that's kind of a tough question, if you die of old age, then its usually sudden or sedated, most others are painful... So are you asking if you want a painful death or suicide by train, bus, car, overdose? Please elaborarate :)
      November 21, 2017 11:24 AM MST

Fair enough. Nuclear war. A comet hitting the earth. Germ warfare. Terrorists blowing themselves up and you with them. Overdose. Heart failure . Auto accident. Mass murderer. Tsunami. Landslide. Fire. Plane crash. Being poisoned by an enemy (Putin has done that to HIS enemies). By your own hand. There are many choices. Not that you will necessarily have the option of choosing. I think no sane person would choose a painful death. But there are masochists who might well enjoy that.  I choose the way my dad died. He took a nap and never awoke. His heart failed. he was only 54. He had decades to go before he could die of old age but his heart gave out. So did I answer your question BA? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday!
      November 22, 2017 1:52 AM MST

Exhaustion with a smile on my face.
      November 21, 2017 1:35 PM MST

Dying with your boots on so to speak doing what you love to do. My dad died smiling. He took a nap and never awoke. His heart failed. He had a smile on his face as if he were in the midst of a nifty dream. Thank you for your reply Ele. I always thought it was his reward for being a good man. I'd love to go like that but I don't measure up to him so I have no idea what's ahead for me.
      November 22, 2017 1:55 AM MST

Old AGE?

No.

I want to die free of worry and concern.   I want to just be carried away on the wings of angels ready to do service in the great beyond.

Something like that.

November 21, 2017 1:40 PM MST

yeepeeeeee !! :P
      November 21, 2017 6:17 PM MST

My dad passed in his sleep. He took his usual nap before he went to work (he worked the night shift) and he never awoke. He was 54. He was smiling. He must have been having a very nice dream. I always thought that was his reward for being such a good person. That's how I'd like to go but I'm not as good or kind as he was so I have no idea how death will manifest itself. Thank you for your reply Shar and the beautiful graphic and Happy Wednesday! :)
      November 22, 2017 1:59 AM MST

Your dad, I think is waiting for you and he says take your time, dear.  I think you have earned your place right next to him when it is your time. 

I hope we see one another in the great beyond and try and figure out finally why all this was necessary!!!!!
      November 22, 2017 9:06 AM MST

Your dad, I think is waiting for you and he says take your time, dear.  I think you have earned your place right next to him when it is your time. 

I hope we see one another in the great beyond and try and figure out finally why all this was necessary!!!!!

Die in my sleep would be perfect, better than being eaten alive by a shark or other animal.
      November 21, 2017 6:07 PM MST

My dad took a nap and never awoke. I'd like my death to be just like that. Thank you for your reply.
      November 22, 2017 2:01 AM MST

In my sleep during a beautiful dream where I have no awareness that I have left.  
      November 21, 2017 7:37 PM MST