Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » I lost my brother 4yo when I was 5, was a big pillow fight and I sent him out the window to his death,verdict misadventure

I lost my brother 4yo when I was 5, was a big pillow fight and I sent him out the window to his death,verdict misadventure

Our families song of remembrance to him was two little boys by Rolf Harris and in the light of his conviction on child abuse what am I to do?

Posted - November 21, 2017

Responses

• OK I poured my heart out here plenty baggers online?
      November 21, 2017 12:42 PM MST

Sorry to hear that.
      November 21, 2017 1:08 PM MST

• Thank you

November 21, 2017 1:09 PM MST

• That's really horrible.
    I don't know what to say.
    You were just a child and your parents should have been aware of the potential for such a thing to happen if the window was open?
    We all make mistakes as parents and no one is perfect bu unfortunately it had extreme consequences in their situation.
    It's really sad.
    I'm sure they haven't ever gotten over it.
    It's not your fault it's just a horrible accident.

My brother just died recently in a car crash and it made me very aware that life really can end suddenly for any of us.
    I'm very sorry about the loss of your brother.

I hope the rest of your life is better.
      November 21, 2017 1:46 PM MST

• Thank you truthseeker for comfort I told my parents when I was 21 the window was closed it was a low window
      November 21, 2017 2:30 PM MST

• That's very tragic and you both were so young.
    I really feel for you.
    Have you gotten any counseling or any other professional help?
    What you've been through is very traumatizing and I really hope the best for you.
      November 21, 2017 5:57 PM MST

That must have been horrifying. Did you understand what you did? Please don't go.
      November 21, 2017 3:58 PM MST

A truly terrible accident and I would understand you finding it so hard to live with, but eventually confessing it may ease the pain in your heart.

As for the song, it is best simply to try to forget it. The song itself is soppy but innocent, even if now tainted by its association with Rolf Harris; try to think of a better song or tune.  
      November 21, 2017 5:16 PM MST

I didnt realize it was you Strange1 who left. Please come back, it will be ok. I remember you told me this once and we had a long talk. Maybe, if you still have that conversation you should read it, it might make you feel better. I love you and know this was and is never easy for you , but remember our words during that conversation, it was not your fault. ;(
      November 21, 2017 5:51 PM MST

So sorry for your loss, as well as the loss of your parents. What a terrible tragedy. You were just a child yourself. How you must wish to have grown up with your brother! The bible gives hope to one day see your little brother again in the resurrection of the dead. (John 5:28, 29)though you can't grow up together, you can absolutely see your little brother grow up in a world where none of the problems we face today will exist. (Revelation 21:3-5) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at August 24, 2021 8:17 PM MDT
      December 5, 2017 11:38 PM MST