Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Arts » Are you an artist ? what do you think of videogames, tv shows, etc

Are you an artist ? what do you think of videogames, tv shows, etc

what do you think of all those videogames nowadays, that look so good; how do you think their creators made it so ?  must be really efficient artists behind those .

Posted - November 28, 2017

Responses

I'm an avid gamer myself, but feel that the gaming industry (certainly on the AAA level) is still much too focused on profitability. Although the medium sure has artistic potential--and there are dozens of examples I love not only for the entertainment they offer--it still has a long way to go. For over a year now I've been writing on my own time in the hopes that the result might bring more of music, literature and philosophy into a game, coupled to its unique asset of interactivity.
      November 28, 2017 11:33 AM MST

Amazing illustrators or else conceptual graphic techno dudes and dudettes.

I am a pen and ink old school artist.  I don't know how to illustrate electronically. 

I appreciate all art. 
      November 28, 2017 12:17 PM MST

What do video games have to do with me being a artist? I don't do video games...I think they are a stupid waste of time. Just like being here. This post was edited by Element 99 at November 29, 2017 7:31 AM MST
      November 29, 2017 7:31 AM MST

I never play video games, nor (since the question mentions it) do I have a television, but I do admire the imagination and skill in both art and programming that goes into the best game artwork even when the subjects are not to my taste. As well as the visuals, is some very good music now composed specially for these games.

It's come a long way from the chess-game on my Amstrad PCW9512, which produced a pictorial view looking down at an angle onto the board and pieces as you would view the real thing, on the computer's coarse-grained monochrome monitor
      January 24, 2018 4:36 PM MST