Discussion » Questions » Politics » There seems to be some dispute that Trump has ANY intellgent supporters behind him. Can you name any? I cannot.

There seems to be some dispute that Trump has ANY intellgent supporters behind him. Can you name any? I cannot.

Posted - December 2, 2017

Responses

Birds of a feather......
      December 2, 2017 1:35 PM MST

My male cousin who supports him. Of course my female one doesn't. But they are still facebook friends. 
      December 2, 2017 2:35 PM MST

What do you mean "OF COURSE"  There are loads of idiots with vaginas out there.
      December 2, 2017 11:51 PM MST

All the intelligent people support Trump. We try to be polite to the rest.
      December 2, 2017 4:35 PM MST

Right. 

I'd like you to write an intelligent paragraph about Donald Trump and why you think he is so intelligent and those who support him are intelligent.

I'll give you till next June.  I'm fair.
      December 2, 2017 11:59 PM MST

I'm curious as to where you draw the IQ line that qualifies someone to be intelligent---especially since he was elected by the minority of voters.
      December 3, 2017 10:54 AM MST

He is not even in the USA.

I think there are a lot of Trump types where he comes from.  Oh no.  There I go being bigoted again.
      December 3, 2017 11:00 AM MST

He has millions of supporters across this nation who support him. O.K., I agree with you on the Chris Christie nomination, but the others have enough intel to be good choices. 
      December 2, 2017 5:00 PM MST

Have you read anything lately about what truly intelligent people see?

His impeachment is a certainty.  Those "intelligent" people who backed him are sickened by him.  He is out of control.  He is a bad apple and the GOP is sick of his dragging them down with him.  His days are NUMBERED.

I will be here to tell you I TOLD YOU SO.  Unfortunately, Pence will be next in line and that is almost worse.  It is at least just as bad.

I don't consider the KKK intelligent.  AND Jeff Sessions?  Are you serious?  The man is an embarrassment.    His entire cabinet is an embarrassment.  Ben  Carson?  OH GOD.  How do you read about these people and just block it all out?  Do you tell yourself Democrats are this bad?  DO you?

I think his cabinet needs a major cleansing.  Since they are all white as hell and mostly old men, they don't have to have an ethnic cleansing do they?  And of course we have to have the one TOKEN.  How pathetic and how obvious.

Carson is a prostitute and would do anything to get publicity even kiss Trump's ass.  So sad.  So saaaaadddd

VERRRY INTELLIGENT MAN HERE:

Is Ben Carson a Liar? Or Does He Just Not Care?

Kevin DrumNov. 5, 2015 3:18 AM

Here is Ben Carson, wandering off topic when the Miami Herald asks him about abuses of our Cuba policy:
    BEN THE GENIUS:
    “I think the way to fix that is not so much to abolish the act, but dealing with the specific area where the abuse is,” Carson said, noting that Medicare and Medicaid fraud is “huge — half a trillion dollars.”

“We definitely need to focus on that,” he said.

Well, hell, why not say it’s a hundred trillion dollars? Or a gazillion? I mean, if you’re just going to make stuff up, why not go whole hog?

For the record, total Medicare and Medicaid spending last year—state, federal, everything—was $980 billion. So Carson is suggesting that literally half of all spending on these programs is fraudulent.

So where did Carson come up with this figure? Beats me. There are a few possibilities:

It comes from some kind of kooky right-wing conspiracy theory that circulates in newsletters and email lists that the rest of us never see.
    Carson read somewhere that Medicare fraud totaled $60 billion out of half a trillion dollars, and the only parts that stuck in his brain were “fraud” and “half a trillion dollars.”
    He just made it up.

This stuff is weird. Carson didn’t have to say anything about Medicare fraud. The question was about Cuba policy. He wanted to mention it. Fine. He could have just said that Medicare fraud was a huge problem. Sorry: not good enough. He wanted to toss out a scary number, but he couldn’t be bothered to know what it actually was—or even know enough about Medicare and Medicaid spending to realize that half a trillion dollars couldn’t possibly be right. He just doesn’t care. What kind of person running for president just doesn’t care?

POSTSCRIPT: Couldn’t Carson have just made a mistake? Sure. But here’s the thing: some mistakes are so big they give away the fact that you’re entirely ignorant of the subject at hand. If I told you that Babe Ruth hit 800 home runs in his career, it might just be a brain fart. But if I told you he hit 5,000 home runs, it’s a giveaway that I’m faking. I don’t know the first thing about baseball.

That’s what Carson did here. He’s smart and good with numbers, so if he knew even the basics of Medicare and Medicaid he’d also know intuitively that half a trillion dollars couldn’t be right. But he didn’t. He’s running for president, and hasn’t bothered to learn even the kindergarten basics about two programs that make up nearly a third of the federal budget. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 3, 2017 12:26 AM MST
      December 3, 2017 12:00 AM MST

Wow, I guess you told me!  
      December 3, 2017 5:50 AM MST

No, I don't mean to TELL you off. I mean to tell TRUMP off.
      December 3, 2017 10:55 AM MST

He actually stopped running for president about two years ago.
      December 3, 2017 7:40 PM MST

Many people supported him, and many of them are intelligent. Your question is a very bigoted one.
      December 2, 2017 11:48 PM MST

A bigot has to do chiefly with race.

Ironic that you would call me a bigot when the real bigot is in the White House.  He fits the entire definition.  But you know that already. 

Definition of bigot. : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices  ESPECIALLY : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 3, 2017 12:03 AM MST
      December 2, 2017 11:49 PM MST

• Let's not leave out condescending, boorish, elitist and snobbish. 
      December 2, 2017 11:57 PM MST

I didn't.  Uncle Bob.  Those are his base.  You should know. 
      December 3, 2017 12:01 AM MST

Are you not devoted to your own opinions and prejudices? Do you not regard Trump supporters, as a group, with hatred and intolerance, and make assumptions that they are all alike, painting all with a broad brush - saying that all are unintelligent in this instance? You don't think of them as individuals with different abilities, opinions, and reasons for voting as they did, do you? Part of the definition of bigotry and prejudice is assuming that all members of any kind of group are alike.
      December 3, 2017 12:22 AM MST

No I am not devoted to my own anything.

I cannot stand TRUMP.  Boy does that make me a bigot.  There are few to none who like Trump that I have anything but contempt for. 

I am a BIGOT.  You win.   You showed me.
      December 3, 2017 12:24 AM MST

"There seems to be some dispute"

Who, besides you and perhaps Rosie, actually believes this enough to qualify it as such? You not liking Trump hardly makes it into "some dispute." Think about anyone you may know who voted for him, including friends and family members. Do you honestly believe that each of these folks is a complete dumba$$ with no redeeming qualities?
      December 3, 2017 10:11 AM MST

Stu, I realize that you and I are on here quite a bit?  But, TRUST ME, you need to get out more if you think Rosie and I are the only ones who think this way.

My best friend voted for him and I TOTALLY question her sanity.  I don't judge her.  She has smarts, but obviously she is NOT THAT SMART is she?
    If she can vote for someone like that?  And I know her?  I know she doesn't know what she is talking about.

She is a total idiot where politics are concerned and she is a brilliant person in many ways.

That is an IDIOT supremo.

Me not liking Trump is not a dispute.  This is a Q&A site.  Do you think I can just stroke my chin and say "WOW that is so interesting but I don't agree" when someone is defending Trump defending Nazis.

Trump defended NAZIS.  There is no words for this but those who agree are IDIOTS. 

December 3, 2017 11:07 AM MST

I agree with you about him defending white supremacists. But it doesn't logically follow that everyone who voted for him last year agrees with everything he's done (including that) this year. That's where your question becomes fallacious. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at December 4, 2017 2:11 PM MST
      December 3, 2017 11:59 AM MST

I call this minimalizing the issue.

When you try and make it something less tragic than it actually is and downplay the "everything he's done".

WHAT THE HECK HAS HE DONE? 
      December 3, 2017 12:01 PM MST

Who's defending him? You originally attacked those who voted for him. All I said was that they don't necessarily agree with everything he's done. But keep moving the target if you like. We already know you hate the guy. What other point do you have to make? Unfortunately, nothing you or Rosie post on here actually changes anything. But hey, keep venting if it makes you feel better.
      December 3, 2017 12:34 PM MST

You can have Uncle Bob and I'll take Rosie.  Anyday.
      December 3, 2017 12:35 PM MST