Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » When you were a little child, did you have a favorite bedtime story that you liked your parent(s) read or tell to you?

When you were a little child, did you have a favorite bedtime story that you liked your parent(s) read or tell to you?

Posted - December 5, 2017

Responses

They only told me scary things that made me not want to get out of bed at night and if I needed to get out of bed to go potty or something, I would jump off and make a run for it.
      December 5, 2017 6:08 AM MST

I don't have one memory of anyone reading to me.  Ever.  In kindergarten the teacher read books to the class and held up the book so we could see the pictures.  I thought that was just swell!!!!  I read ad nauseam to my own kids though.
      December 5, 2017 11:35 PM MST

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you've read to your kids. (And you sort of read to me, too - - I never would have read "Beach Music" if it weren't for you.) And I'm glad your teacher read to you and your class

My parents read to me all the time. And so did my older siblings. Wonderful memories for me.
      April 1, 2021 8:28 PM MDT

Winnie the Pooh was always on my nightstand.  I believe it was my dad who read it the most to me. 
      April 4, 2021 5:32 AM MDT