Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Ms. Just Asking, since all of the members feel the same, can we isolate the politcal questions?

Ms. Just Asking, since all of the members feel the same, can we isolate the politcal questions?

I think I asked before and then I was gone for awhile and I don't know what you said.

Everyone is mad.  Everyone wants to leave and many have.  Why don't you guys make peace with this once and for all?  No one is happy.  I don't get it.

Posted - December 5, 2017

Responses

She has never been vicious to me ever even when I deserved it.  I can ask.   I want to help. 
      December 5, 2017 7:50 PM MST

;))
      December 5, 2017 7:51 PM MST

"all of the members" ? where did that come from, and how do you know ?

I hate political questions to the degree that many political question are based on such broad and unfounded generalisations. I do not hate them for being political
      December 5, 2017 7:42 PM MST

How do you NOT know?   THis has been an ongoing complaint on here for the last year.  And people are leaving in droves.  And if you don't know, then I give up.

I am not talking about anything to do with politics, I am talking about the morning barrage of Trump questions and the bogarting of the site.  IT really riles people up on here.  (maybe not you, but most of them are ticked off.) This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 26, 2017 9:58 PM MST
      December 5, 2017 7:44 PM MST

Let people leave then. Who gives a freaking rip. 
      December 5, 2017 10:28 PM MST

Why didn't you ask JA privately rather than thumbing your nose at Rosie publically. 
      December 5, 2017 10:27 PM MST

• Who the faaak brought up the name "Rosie" besides you?
      December 5, 2017 10:32 PM MST

You know damn well, as does everyone else, who the question was about. Get your head out of your.   
      December 5, 2017 10:50 PM MST

• My head out of my... What sweetheart? I'm not that bright, could you spell it out for me? 
      December 5, 2017 10:52 PM MST

• I agree. I would support this. Screw the "policy". This is a private site that can come up with its own rules however it sees fit. Hell, on this TV-show discussion forum I'm a member of, people get banned just for being unpopular. This site is many steps above that, but it doesn't mean we couldn't isolate the political questions, the "daily barrage" as it were. If we all agree that we hate something, that it's causing people to leave, why does it have to be maintained just for the sake of some arbitrary policy? So make an exception. This isn't the damn Constitution. 
      December 5, 2017 11:03 PM MST

Sure thing. Behold: The magical activity feed. Now, you can filter out people you don't want to see, or only look at posts made by your friends. Only, you've always been able to do that. You're welcome. 
      December 5, 2017 11:59 PM MST

There is nothing wrong with political questions. I believe you are using that term as a euphemism for something else. I think that if we censor one person, then we are on a slippery slope. I would not like to see a patchwork of rules implemented in order to restrict a certain user or a one-time situation. There have been various users who seem to take over the site at times with postings which were not designed to spark an open discussion and each situation was different. Basically, it's a questions of good manners and how do you regulate that?
      December 6, 2017 6:25 AM MST

Has a name been chosen for this new elitist club that might be formed?

And what will be the dress code as we sit and type in the privacy of our homes?

And while we're at it, shall we paint the sky black for those who are uncomfortable with the color blue?

Just wondering....
      December 6, 2017 4:18 PM MST

Why stop at politics. Take a look at some of the other topics in here.
    Some are overloaded with nothing but stupid questions that make no sense at all.
    It's like being in a room with someone who just runs their mouth to hear themselves talk.
    I am doing a lot more skipping over questions these days then answering them because of it.
      December 8, 2017 11:57 AM MST

For me its not the political questions but is just the hate that underlies so many of them, both questions and answers.  I certainly don't expect that everyone will agree with me but why can't we just accept and disagree without hating or running others down who don't happen to agree with us?    A lot of people like to talk politics and this gives them a forum. And even I sometimes get involved when there is nothing interesting going on in the adult section. 
      December 8, 2017 2:34 PM MST