Active Now

Malizz
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » You win. You celebrate by getting drunk as a skunk. You lose. You celebrate by getting drunk as a skunk. Amazing ain't it?

You win. You celebrate by getting drunk as a skunk. You lose. You celebrate by getting drunk as a skunk. Amazing ain't it?

Posted - December 12, 2017

Responses

Who needs an excuse to get nished as a pewt?
      December 12, 2017 8:37 AM MST

It seems that getting drunk is the American way (baseball, apple pie and liquor).  Is there a holiday where don't we drink?  Heck, we'll celebrate other countries "holidays" just so we have an excuse to drink (Cinco De Mayo translated means 'drink Mexican beer day').  If that isn't enough, we'll invent "holidays" just so we can drink (it's National Flu Shot Day - Cheers!).  Oh, and we don't just drink a little bit of alcohol. No, we imbibe as much as we can get!  Shot glasses, wine glasses, cans, snifters, mugs, steins, kegs ... ("excuse me, I'd like the Pacific Ocean-sized Margarita please.")  In times past they only put out sobriety checkpoints during christmas and New Years, but now they have them out on nearly every holiday.  It won't be long before they have them going 24/7 (It's National Sobriety Checkpoint year - Cheers!)

We don't need a holiday as an excuse to drink or get drunk.  There're plenty of other "reasons" - Wife had a baby? - lets drink (so it was 8 years ago, big deal)!  Your son's having his bar mitzvah?  Mazel tov.. break out the Budweiser!  Been sober for 2 days straight?  Wow! That calls for a drink!  Your candidate won the election - raise a glass (or 4) in victory.  Your candidate lost the election - down a keg (or 4) in defeat (just wait'll next time (hic)!).  Your daughter skinned her knee; your son broke his arm; your boss's cousin's uncle's second wives high school ex's next door neighbor's sister-in-law's step-brother bought a used car - Woo-hoo!  Break out the champagne!

It wasn't that long ago that beer only came in 6-packs.  Now it comes in 18 and 24 packs (ah,breakfast).  Wine not only comes in 750ml bottles, but in 3 liter jugs and 18 liter boxes (whoa, lunchtime already?).  Students graduating high school may not be able to name all 50 states (canada, uh... california, intoxication, old virginia...), but they can sure rattle off well over 50 types/brands of alcohol (Coors, Budweiser, Vodka, Schnapps, Rum, Gin, Jack Daniel's, Jagermeister...).

Ah, America ... a land flowing with liquor and beer.  Salud!
      December 12, 2017 11:34 AM MST

Another jolly good ride m'dear over hill and dale to grandmother's house we go. I concur and appaud the comprehensive nature of the reply. My sister many years ago was a fan of Jagermeister. I'm not sure why. Never tasted it  but I gather it packs a good wallopy punch! Are you old enough to remember what the size of a muffin used to be? NOw they are 6 times larger AT LEAST. In the olden nothing was supersized. NOw? Anything can be supersized as if you are getting bargain. Well I guess you are. More fat more sugar more calories more lbs. You really gotchure money's worth there pal. Eat all you want buffet? Eat away. Get your money's worth. Oh boy. Here comes another question. Thank you for your reply shuhak. I enjoy a drink. My limit is two. Something funny happens to me physically. My throat closes. I cannot have a third. For some reason. Which is fine. I get plenty of buzz going with two why do I need enough to pass out or throw up? Here we go m'dear!  :)
      December 15, 2017 7:33 AM MST

No that is not me.  When I drink too much is mostly having good times with friends.  Have never celebrated by getting drunk.  When I was young and doing drugs too I used to drink more or less small amounts all through the day. Now I mainly will have a glass of wine when I get home evenings to take the edge off the day.  Have always thought getting "drunk as a skunk" for whatever reason always makes us "lose".  
      December 15, 2017 7:45 AM MST