Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » Does anyone know of any lost Shakespeare novels? I saw a documentary saying that there could be a few of his works that remain hidden.

Does anyone know of any lost Shakespeare novels? I saw a documentary saying that there could be a few of his works that remain hidden.

Posted - December 13, 2017

Responses

I haven't heard that but I would not be surprised.  Quite frankly, I wouldn't care if they all had been lost. 
      December 13, 2017 1:35 PM MST

• Don't make me hurl Shakespearean insults at you...
      December 13, 2017 2:12 PM MST

Go ahead,  I'm used to it. I know I'm the only living soul who isn't a fan. 
      December 13, 2017 3:00 PM MST

• That's not true.  While I am a fan of some of his works there are a lot of people who just wont admit to disliking him because they are conditioned into thinking they are supposed to and afraid of being scoffed at as a troglodyte if they don't say he was a brilliant master.
      December 13, 2017 3:17 PM MST

Thank you Glis. I've been told I don't fit the traditional mold,  I'm weird, etc.

I am happy to not be like everyone else, so such intended insults remind me I'm on the right track. 
      December 13, 2017 3:21 PM MST

• You should be.

It's really retarded but it's just how people are.  There are these sacred cows of cool, intelligent,  deep, etc.  that people are hesitant to admit they aren't fans of because we are told they are definitive.

December 13, 2017 3:32 PM MST

• I suppose it could be true, seems I heard something about it. Unless, it's Bacon's work, lol.
      December 13, 2017 2:11 PM MST

I have been secretly holding his lost works in an old water heater box under our barn since 1971.
    They’re not very good... This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 13, 2017 3:22 PM MST
      December 13, 2017 2:35 PM MST

• I'd be rich if I did now wouldn't I?
      December 13, 2017 3:18 PM MST

WELLLLLLLLL  I'm of a different thing........he didn't write any of that stuff.

Come on now; a  kid from a small podunk town writing all that stuff?

I'm of the group that feels Edward de Vere wrote it........a very educated man, knew the law, travel, and so on and on.....

Shakespeare? he was a businessman who did a lot in land sales, etc...

there was no book in his house except a family bible......so why in the hell would a famous writer not have any books?

the things in the plays reflect a man of the world; not little Stratford on Avon!!!!!!!

and another thing; all the plays that are set in Italy? they were written after de Vere returned from a  6 month trip to Italy......the geographical details he mentions in the plays could only have been noted by someone who had actually been there...

so I can't imagine little Billy Shakespeare ever having the money to go to Italy, right?

:-0
      October 30, 2019 8:40 AM MDT