Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » The world is not here to make YOU happy. Rather, it is here to make you Conscious. After that? A deeper thing than happiness manifests.

The world is not here to make YOU happy. Rather, it is here to make you Conscious. After that? A deeper thing than happiness manifests.

Posted - December 18, 2017

Responses

I think that may be true.
    I certainly realize I can overly depend on my "outside circumstances/others' behaviors" as the basis for my happiness. "If what I want happens or if 'good' things happen, I can be happy. If not, I'm uncomfortable or afraid." This is not good approach to life, I know.

:)

And, no surprise, I've put on my shoulders at times the responsibility of others' happiness depending on me.

At least, I'm aware of these traits and I'm improving.
    This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 3, 2022 8:09 AM MDT
      December 18, 2017 10:43 AM MST

It's cool looking back here and seeing our progress, isn't it? 

I have been working on observing my feelings, reactions, judgements in various circumstances.

Acknowledging negative feelings, reactions, judgements instead of fighting them or berating myself for them is helping me to not attach myself to them. And it's helping me figure out what to avoid, if I can. 
      September 3, 2022 7:47 AM MDT

I replied with another answer and then saw your post here.

Thank you SavvyAnsley. Appreciated.

Yes, I need to focus on my gratitude in seeing myself progress - - even if at times it feels like it's a little bit at a time.  :)
      September 3, 2022 7:50 AM MDT

YES!

Try to give yourself 50% of the grace you regularly extend to others. 
      September 3, 2022 8:03 AM MDT

If the world is here to give you a consciousness, it gave me a broken one, because Im constantly falling in and out of it. LOL

As your happiness, I think everyone is responsible for their own happiness. You have to be comfortable in your own skin, and love your own company/yourself enough to create your own reality, and all that you wish it to be, happy or no.
      December 18, 2017 12:24 PM MST

Indeed...
      December 23, 2017 8:03 AM MST

Wow.
    I wrote my other answer almost five years ago. 
    I'm still improving - that's a good thing.
      September 3, 2022 7:47 AM MDT

Funny that we both ended up back here at the exact same time! 

:)  :) 
      September 3, 2022 7:49 AM MDT

Yes. :)

Having to get to busy day of work and stuff for me now and mornings can be challenging for me emotionally, so I appreciate the sharing here, now. Thanks. :)
      September 3, 2022 7:52 AM MDT