Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If your life sucks and you wish you had never been you can curse your momma and poppa because without them you wouldn't have been. Do ya?

If your life sucks and you wish you had never been you can curse your momma and poppa because without them you wouldn't have been. Do ya?

Posted - January 1, 2018

Responses

even if my life suck, i cannot wish to ' not have been'. it might takes years but if everything goes back to normal after all, ill be happy. 

we all live one life and i dont think we can wish to not be, or to go away...

January 1, 2018 12:10 PM MST

Thank you for your reply franc and Happy Saturday. If there are things about your life you dislike then maybe you can change something to make it work better for you. At least you can try! :)
      January 6, 2018 7:01 AM MST

You can do a lot of things, but cursing anyone else for your dysfunctional situation is futile... and I dare say, wretched. Better to just address the problems. 

“Get busy living or get busy dying”.
    — Andy Duphresne in The Shawshank Redemption. 

My life is amazing, and I could never reach a point of wishing I’d never been. I am infinitely grateful for having lived. This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 6, 2018 7:01 AM MST
      January 1, 2018 12:35 PM MST

Me too. It hasn't been exactly perfect but from my earliest years I remember being appreciative/grateful and continue being so to this day. I will tell you why. I have a sneaking suspicion that folks who are not grateful for what they have get to experience being without it. Why waste it on people who are not actvitely grateful when there are so many people out there who would be cognizant of how very lucky they are? Every day in every way I appreciate the he ** outta my life Don. Thank you for your reply! Even the tough times. I mean I'm still here and that's a lot! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 6, 2018 7:39 AM MST
      January 6, 2018 7:04 AM MST

My parents definitely left me with some things that I had to relearn and / or overcome, but I have never and expect I would never curse them for my having been born.
      January 1, 2018 5:32 PM MST

Me too neither. Our mom could be a trial at times but our dad was the best of the best. He made us (my younger sister and me) feel treasured. We were lucky to have him there countering the sometimes hurtful things our mom said. She did her best and I know she loved us as best she could but she was unhappy much of the time. Her childhood wsn't that great. She had two brothers whom her parents strongly favored. Girls weren't that valued and she felt unloved. As an adult she felt she deserved more from life and I used to feel so bad for my dad. She'd say things like "we don't go on vacations like our friends do because we can't afford it". He did his best. She worked too and did her best. It's just that his best always made us feel loved/beloved and every kid needs that. SIGH. All their friends were financially well off so of course they could afford to take trips and buy fancy homes and cars. They weren't snobs at all. I think my mom might have been a touch snobby or would have liked to be one. Thank you for your reply tom!  :)
      January 2, 2018 3:41 AM MST