Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever hear of the ZOO THEORY? That is aliens exist but humans are not developed enough for them to bother with. They watch. Ever "feel" it?

Ever hear of the ZOO THEORY? That is aliens exist but humans are not developed enough for them to bother with. They watch. Ever "feel" it?

They are like Zoo keepers. They let us be what we are and don't interfere. One day if and when we ever reach a "better" state of being they may make contact. Or they may just may write us off as hopeless. Wouldja like to be written off by aliens or woudja prefer that they thought you were so fascinating they wanted to make your acquaintance?

Posted - January 1, 2018

Responses

• if they are so smart then why would they be interested in zoology? wouldnt a human concept like that be too primitive for them?
      January 1, 2018 11:04 AM MST

You are saying that if one is smart one is not interested in being an observer? What about all the geniuses who devote their lives to observing so they can figure out the why of something? Without observing how do you become aware of anything?  Maybe I don't understand your point BA. The really intelligent people are interested in everything aren't they?  Perhaps what you think is a primitive concept is in fact a highly sophisticated proposition. Anything is possible isn't it? Thank you for your reply.
      January 2, 2018 3:12 AM MST

unfortunately, the universe is huuge but the steps are hugee just to be able to visit the next solar system.....

we dont have the technology to travel near light speed, to be able to visit other star systems we at least neeed to be close to lightspeed, and it would still take years to travel.

so we cannot know for now.... we are only inside our own solar system/bubble and thats all we can reach .
      January 1, 2018 12:08 PM MST

Isn't that where wormholes comes in franc? Shortcuts to other parts of the universe? Are there doorways to a far away elsewhere that we just haven't found yet? I dunno. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      January 2, 2018 3:09 AM MST

I guess these types of theories circulate regularly.  

I first heard of this over 50 years ago.

I am not inclined to think too much about it---personally, I find it inconsistent with the dignity of man as God's creation.  

(And yes, I assume that if aliens exist, God created them as well.)

So if I were written off by aliens, I would consider it their loss; if they found me fascinating, I think that would be quite appropriate.

I would have to wait and see whether I could find them fascinating in return---I would hope so.
      January 1, 2018 5:29 PM MST

I had not heard of it before tom. I've read that humans have forgotten how to do things they apparently knew how to do long ago. I mean there are structures that exist today that are thousands of years old that engineers can't figure out how they were built that long ago without huge machines. They keep trying to replicate them. How were materials moved many many hundreds of miles from their places of origin to use to build enormous structures? Was it the Library at Alexandria that housed many books from antiquity that was burned down and with it all that knowledge turned to ashes? I saw a NOVA recently about Genius. One theory is that a genius is able to connect with universal knowledge and that is how we get an Einstein or a Mozart or a Steve Jobs or a Da Vinci. It is endlessly fascinating to me. WHY? HOW? WHEN? WHO(M)? WHAT? Will the answers to our questions ever be revealed to us or are they already out there on a different plane? SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 2, 2018 3:07 AM MST

I don't mind being a zoo animal for them to gawk at, but where's the free hand outs? Why don't they clean our cage like responsible zoo keepers? They need to do a better job.
      January 2, 2018 7:01 PM MST

There was a Twilight Zone (I think it was that TV show) long ago where that very circumstance arose. Humans were captured and put in cages. At first they did not realize where they were because the windows were shrouded in drapes. When the drapes were opened you could see all the animals outside looking in at them. It was a stunning thing to see. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 6, 2018 7:15 AM MST