Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Trump's inner circle sees Ivanka as his wife and Hope Hicks as his daughter". Where does that leave Melania?

"Trump's inner circle sees Ivanka as his wife and Hope Hicks as his daughter". Where does that leave Melania?

Posted - January 4, 2018

Responses

So he thinks of a staffer as family? Who cares? 
    As far as Ivanka being the First Lady, when first elected Ivanka did help with the duties of the First Lady because Melania was still in NYC letting Barron finish out the school year. 
    Nonsense...to sell books.
      January 4, 2018 1:47 PM MST

I don't know what the intention of the person who said it was m2c. I assume there is nothing sexual or incestuous about it vis a vis Ivanka. I did think it was a very ODD observation but Melania is MIA as First Lady. Compare her tenure/performance with that of Michelle Obama. Ivanka has always been front and center from the very beginning. Thank you for your reply. If you don't care about it why did you waste your time replying?  I know you have much better fish to fry and so you should. Spend your time where you get a useful ROI and you will never feel that you were stiffed. I'm just sayin' "who cares?" is not an answer that is helpful, useful, informative or thoughtful.  Just my opinion. This post was edited by RosieG at January 5, 2018 9:39 AM MST
      January 5, 2018 4:19 AM MST

Since moving full time to DC, I have seen Melania involved in the same activites as Mrs Obama with the holidays and children visiting, even traveling to disasters. You don't notice because the media does not fawn over her as they did Obama. Instead the complain about her clothes (heels on way to helocopter, expensive shirt for gardening, she needs that FLOTUS hat to remind her of who she is...etc or making fun of her accent implying she is stupid) 
      January 5, 2018 5:02 AM MST

There is a question floating around here regarding whether half-siblings can/ should call themselves brother/ sister or if they must denote the bloodline. The general consensus is that each family should do what's right for them. I can't say my family is any different. I'm the only one of five kids who has any kind of communication with my father. Over the holidays, he proudly showed me a photo of an employee he now refers to as his "adopted daughter." Does that in any way change or shape the relationship he has with me? Nope. Does it change the relationship he has with my siblings? Nope. Does it impact his ability to do his job as a director in his company? Nope again. 

I don't care where Ivanka or Melania fit in. I care whether Trump is an effective leader. I don't think he is, but that's irrelevant to this question. lol
      January 4, 2018 2:20 PM MST

You had me until that last sentence.  Lol
      January 4, 2018 2:51 PM MST

lol Sorry. 
      January 4, 2018 3:56 PM MST

I just thought it was a rather odd thing to say. But Melania is fairly invisible whereas Ivanka has been front and center from the get-go. I doubt that the person who said it meant anything sexual/incestuous by it. It's just that the difference in first ladies is striking. Michelle was always out there speaking. Melania seems shy and uninterested in being First Lady. I read that when donjohn won she burst into tears. I would too. Her whole life was upended and her son's too.  Thank you for your thoughtful reply JA. Both Barron and Tiffany are half-siblings to the 3 oldest of course. I wonder if there is much love lost among them? Happy Friday! :)
      January 5, 2018 4:10 AM MST

An unwitting polygamist, I would assume.

And the existence of incest is always possible anywhere.
      January 4, 2018 2:35 PM MST

I think it was not meant to be sexual or incestuous at all tom. Melania is basically MIA as first lady. Compare her tenure/performance with that of Michelle Obama. Ivanka has been front and center from the very beginning so it is a natural assumption that she is the "acting" First Lady. Melania certainly hasn't taken on that mantle seriously. Of course I don't KNOW what the intention of the speaker who said that was but I'm just assuming it wasn't implying anything incestuous. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      January 5, 2018 4:13 AM MST

I wouldn't put anything past Trump.
      January 5, 2018 1:00 PM MST

Me too neither. He has already bragged about his sexual abuse of women and he certainly has no moral core/integrity/code of ethics by which he lives. Anything is possible. Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Saturday! :)
      January 6, 2018 4:29 AM MST

I post this just to indicate that there are times when the designation can be legally important.

A half-brother is your brother with one common biological parent (your father or mother).

A half-brother is related to you by blood through that one parent -- he shares half the blood of you

In the laws of many countries, a half-brother is considered your 'full' brother for the purposes of succession and inheritance rules.

A stepbrother is unrelated to you by blood. A stepbrother is someone who became your 'brother' as a result of your parent (father or mother) marrying someone else.

In other words, he's just someone's kid who stepped into your family via a legal procedure (marriage of your parent).

Depending on the country, the law may or may not regard your stepbrother as your brother for the purposes of succession or inheritance.

https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-difference-between-a-half-brother-and-a-step-brother This post was edited by tom jackson at January 4, 2018 2:41 PM MST
      January 4, 2018 2:40 PM MST

It leaves Melania where she’s always been: trying on clothes and vamping for the cameras. 
      January 4, 2018 3:47 PM MST

I wonder how she can stand it?  She is still beautiful and there's gotta be other billionaires ready/willing to scoop her up and give her more of the life she is used to living without all the disgusting crap that goes along with the Trump brand. Maybe she signed  a PRENUP that says if she dumps him before a certain number of years she will get nothing. Per the Bannon book they have separate bedrooms. I would expect that.  I mean what woman wants to get into a bed with a fat old  man who is eating cheeseburgers for goodness sakes? Romantic it ain't. I bet he eats onions too! AARRGGH! Thank you for your reply Don B. She must a very high tolerance for humiliation/embarrassment/shameful. :( This post was edited by RosieG at January 5, 2018 9:42 AM MST
      January 5, 2018 4:03 AM MST

I’d speculate there is something to your point about a prenup, and her misery is offset (at least somewhat) by her stratospheric credit card limit. 
      January 5, 2018 4:30 AM MST

Yeah. It makes sense. I mean they have separate bedrooms. That says a lot. I bet she controls whatever goes on between the two of them. Thank you for your reply Don.
      January 5, 2018 4:38 AM MST

Well, at least she isn't (as far as we know), taking those clothes off for the camera.
      January 5, 2018 9:43 AM MST