Active Now

Thebigd
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If true that a Yale psychiatrist warned lawmakers last month that "Trump is going to unravel" what would YOU do about it if you were a Pol?

If true that a Yale psychiatrist warned lawmakers last month that "Trump is going to unravel" what would YOU do about it if you were a Pol?

Posted - January 7, 2018

Responses

If one did then he is not following the Principals of Medical Ethics.

Section 7 in the American Psychiatric Association's (APA) Principles of Medical Ethics that states it is unethical for psychiatrists to give a professional opinion about public figures they have not examined in person, and from whom they have not obtained consent to discuss their mental health in public statements.
      January 7, 2018 7:44 AM MST

Exactly. ;)
      January 7, 2018 8:44 AM MST

So, let's say that a psychiatrist actually, in person, interviewed Trump and came to the same conclusion.  What would you do about it if you were a pol?
      January 7, 2018 10:00 AM MST

"Is going to unravel"....I would want more information as what that means. And would also want a second opinion. 
    If the second opinion said the same, then I would be on the lookout for this "unraveling". But until there is something that happens, there is nothing legally that can be done. In this country, we don't penalize people because someone predicts a person may do something without prior actions. 
      January 7, 2018 10:20 AM MST

She claims Trump could lead to "the extinction of the human species".

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-could-destroy-entire-human-species-says-yale-psychiatrist-who-warned-772328

January 7, 2018 10:33 AM MST

Oh...sounds like the shrink may need to see one herself. Lol
      January 7, 2018 1:04 PM MST

Yup. 
      January 7, 2018 1:20 PM MST

:):):)
      January 8, 2018 3:07 AM MST

• Also, I might add, consider the source. We are talking Yale after all. I seriously doubt that a person coming out of that particular institution would have an unbiased clinical approach to anything, medical or otherwise. If we're talking about coming unraveled, are we speaking about the type of unraveling we see when the left doesn't get their way, (See also: spoiled brats) or an honest medical phenomenon that occurs in the mental, emotional or physical makeup of a person. While I believe that mental illness is real, I also know that the practice of psychiatry is laced with a lot of voodoo and baloney. Many in the field should follow the old admonition of "physician heal thyself" before talking about unraveling.
      January 7, 2018 10:22 AM MST

You once again did not answer the question I asked m2c. If you were a pol what would you DO?
      January 8, 2018 3:07 AM MST

I did...you must read on...it is under my reply to Spunky. 
      January 8, 2018 4:34 AM MST