Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » This is a Man's World, right? Or used to be. The "MeToo movement is expanding. Women are taking charge. What happens to their abusers?

This is a Man's World, right? Or used to be. The "MeToo movement is expanding. Women are taking charge. What happens to their abusers?

Turnabout is fair play. Getting a dose of their own medicine seems only just and appropriate doesn't it? A new day is dawning. What used to be will no longer be. Silence of women promulgated it. It will no longer propagate it. Some men are part of the movement to help and they will be acknowledged and are appreciated greatly. The perps and twerps and jerks and evildoers and slime are no longer entitled to anything but exposure as the  dreck they are. Turnabout is fair play. Shoe is on the other foot. Women survived them. Will the slimeball men survive or are they so weak and frightened and incapable they will simply die off?

Posted - January 8, 2018

Responses

Anyone in a kilt will tell you that women are not all innocent, either. 
      January 8, 2018 10:43 AM MST

WHOOSH! That went over my head Malizz. I'm sure it is very profound but I don't have a clue what you are saying. Sorry pal. You overestimate my intelligence. Thank you for your reply! So are ya gonna tell me what the he** that means?
      January 8, 2018 10:51 AM MST

Kilts offer the same temptation as skirts for being lifted, looked up or even groped under. Perhaps not what you meant by a dose of our own medicine. 

We usually wear them to social functions where speaking up would create a very awkward situation. 

January 8, 2018 12:31 PM MST

LOL they offer the same temptation in *theory* - i am afraid the reality is rather less fanciful than that.
      January 8, 2018 4:17 PM MST

I'm either very naive or very dense Malizz, possibly both. I honestly didn't get that at all. I know what you say is true about women not being so innocent. My sister and I attended a bridal shower once upon a time decades ago. The "entertainment" was a male stripper. Alcohol was served and some of the women embarrassed the he** outta us so we quietly left! They can be as disgustingly offensive as men can be and I'm not a fan of such women. I did not mean what you thought I meant though I can understand why you took it that way. The solution to that problem is not to go down in the mud with them and do to them what they did to women but to shame them and humiliate them and out them and punish them. That's what I meant. When you ridicule an evil you mitigate it, detooth, declaw it. When you put a spotlight on someone and laugh at him you belittle him and reduce him to a laughingstock. Nothing to fear from such people once you've done that. That is what I meant. Thank you for the explanation. I'm kinda embarrassed that I didn't get it . Happy Tuesday! :)
      January 9, 2018 3:17 AM MST

I am afraid the reality on that is still a long way off.. there is still far too much inequality, much of it glossed over or overlooked. There has been progress.. there will continue to be progress, despite the worrying bleating and beating of chests from stick-in -the- mud misogynists but we are no where near equality yet I fear.  
      January 8, 2018 4:19 PM MST

Are you aware of the #MeToo movement Addb?  It is comprised of women who were subjected to sexual abuse by men who have come out of their silence and named the men. More and more women are doing it and we see what an extensively disgusting thing it has been.  The silence was deafening. Their silent screams and cries were ignored. NOW? Everything is changing. I don't know if The Golden Globes Awards program was telecast in your country or even if you watched it. But all the women were dressed in black in honor of the #MeToo gals who were brave enough to speak up and spotlight their abusers by NAMING them. Oprah Winfrey was awarded the Gene Hersholt humanitarian award and her speech was rousing and emotional and so spot-on! She was sexually abused by relatives as a young girl. I expect many if not most of the stars there also have experienced such disrespect in their lives. It was a very moving experience. I expect almost every woman has been humiliated by some man and disrespected in some way simply because she is a woman. That will no longer be tolerated. At least in America things are changing. These men are very fearful because every day someone loses a job because of being an abuser and being called out by name for it. There are MILLIONS of such men out there and eventually they will all be outed and dealt with. It is a very empowering thing that we are going through here. Something positive to counteract the loathsome person in the white house. That problem will be dealt with too somehow in some way at some time. Sooner rather than later I hope. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 9, 2018 3:25 AM MST

Arguably things are more equal here - that's a good thing. I had only very vaguely heard of the me too movement. You know what an optimist I am .. I tend to think of people who were abused as.. people who were abused... rather than people who were abused by men... there seems a difference... to me at least. I was abused.. by a woman and by 2 men... I tend to think that the abuse was abuse and all of it was bad.. 
      January 9, 2018 2:12 PM MST

Gosh I'm really sorry that you experienced such horror as that. I think sexual abuse is an abomination and the abusers deserve to roast on a spit in HE** for eternity (if there is such a place as that). At the very least they should be subjected to the exact same awfulness they perpetrated. All of them should be outed and punished to the extent that the law allows and then shunned for life as pariahs or lepers. The absolute scum of the earth.  SIGH. Thank you for your reply Addb.
      January 10, 2018 2:31 AM MST

Well, Oprah is at the helm.  I have high hopes.  She knows whom to address when it comes to progressive minds and she knows how to think and plan and make positive goals happen, for all minorities, gays, blacks, women etc.
      January 9, 2018 2:59 PM MST

Did you happen to hear her  speech at the Golden Globes Award ceremony Sharon? It was amazing but she is always amazing. The women were all dressed in black in support of the #MeToo women. They got in a few barbs at appropriate times but the entire show had an undercurrent of anti- doofus don running through it. It was goodly and bigly and perfectly honed. In my opinion. Who got what awards wasn't the main thing I got from it. It was the solidarity/uniformity/conviction of everyone there that what is going on is wrong, what has been going is wrong and it is going  to stop HERE AND NOW. All abusers beware. We are coming for you! Men as well s women. We have to give the good guys their due. The ones who have been on the side of women and supporting them all along. Thank you for your reply ! :)
      January 10, 2018 2:43 AM MST

January 11, 2018 12:38 PM MST