Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "I'm no puppet/I'm no puppet/I'm no puppet." "No collusion/No collusion/No collusion". The magic of the holy trinity?

"I'm no puppet/I'm no puppet/I'm no puppet." "No collusion/No collusion/No collusion". The magic of the holy trinity?

Father, son and holy spirit? The 3 wise men? Is a man who repeats everything 3 tines connected to something special? The wisdom of 3. The mystery of 3. The permanence of 3. Is 3 the answer to every question? 3 wives? 3 sons?

Posted - January 8, 2018

Responses

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejui...
      January 8, 2018 7:55 PM MST

That allusion is lost on me DonB. Never saw the movie. Did Michael Keaton say that 3 times? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)
      January 9, 2018 1:59 AM MST

My apologies. You’d had to have seen the movie to appreciate the analogy. Keaton’s character was a real creep.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 9, 2018 3:49 AM MST
      January 9, 2018 3:47 AM MST

No apologies necessary m'dear.  But since you brought it up could you fill me in? If you want Beetlejuice to appear you just say his name 3 times? Is that it?  Was he supposedly Beelzebub ? Inquiring minds wanna know these things! Thank you for your reply Don! :)
      January 9, 2018 3:51 AM MST

Indeed. Beetlejuice was a catastrophe-on-wheels, invoking his name three times brought him out of a strange netherworld to infect his surroundings with chaos. This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 9, 2018 4:06 AM MST
      January 9, 2018 4:01 AM MST

Well we have the Greek chorus in the background constantly invoking doofus don. I'm not sure what magic words they are using..."oh great white father" "oh dear savior" "oh daddy dearest". It doesn't matter what he says or does his supporters simply LOVE the guy. Whatever drips from his lips they buy and resell to whomever will listen. They get very upset with those who tell them they make no sense at all. They make sense to them and to doofus don and that's all that counts. I mean the doofus did tell us that his opinion is the only one that counts and being the "stable genius" he is why his very breath matters . Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. They are enraptured by it. They settle for very little. SIGH. I wish I knew why. Thank you for your reply Don!  :)
      January 9, 2018 4:10 AM MST